Solutions Architect X3
We are seeking applications from experienced, Solutions Architects to work for a top level corporate outsourcing business based in Luton. Our client is looking to build the Solutions Architecture team. This role will primarily design software driven solutions which will help define the business and the direction it is taking. Alongside this the architect will assist in the presales activities of the business and help to drive strategic thinking to ensure cost efficient platforms and products are provided to clients.
The successful candidate will:
- be the design authority for the .NET based solutions
- provide expertise for presales and advise clients on commercial solutions
- be willing to learn and work with the latest Microsoft technology
- have a broad knowledge that covers Microsoft Server platforms through to UI
- work to improve company products and service offerings
- understand the need to design for the lifetime of the solution
- provide input into improving principles, standards, practices and procedures
- provide expert advice on and delivery of the choice of software components which will complement the overall delivery of the solution design
- be experienced in the management of all stake holders levels from development teams through to external C-level clients
- have relevant architectural qualifications (TOGAF, Zachmans, ISEB)
Qualifications and Experience
You will have at least 1-2 years commercial architectural experience designing and implementing enterprise applications primarily on Microsoft technologies including 3 years commercial work with the .NET framework. It is expected that that you will come from a strong development background of at least 5 years and have demonstrated leadership qualities and have experience of presales activities.
- Strong experience of stakeholder management with a view to delivery
- Excellent understanding of what it takes to deliver a project on time and to budget for the lifetime of the service offering
- Ability to advise clients on commercial solutions, taking into account business deliverable and acceptance criteria for architectural deliverables.
- A detailed understanding of Internet technologies including web services
- Knowledge of N-Tier architectures, scalability and integration issues.
- Excellent understanding of systems integration and systems infrastructure design and service oriented approach.
- Detailed working knowledge of Relational Databases (SQL Server, Oracle 10.1)
- Detailed knowledge of XML and associated technology
- A thorough understanding of development practices such as source code control, change management and documentation.
- Understanding and exposure to development techniques such as unit testing, test driven development, continuous integration, refactoring techniques etc.
- Understanding of SOA and AOP
- Version 3.0 of the Microsoft .NET Framework or higher
- Knowledge of any the following .Net Server products such as; Team Foundation Server, Reporting Services, SharePoint
- Server, BizTalk, Exchange
- Knowledge of application build and deployment processes
- Expert knowledge of relational databases
- Experience within the document composition industry
- Working in a high paced entrepreneurial environment