Java Developer/Senior Software Engineer
Rate: Between £300-£340
Start Date: 04/06/2013
Job Type: Contract- 3 months initially
A Senior Software Engineer is expected to take a lead on the design and implementation solutions utilising a variety of technologies, frameworks and platforms in order to deliver industry leading solutions. The successful candidate will be highly focussed on quality through the use of good engineering practices and the application of behaviour/test-driven development (BDD/TDD) practices from the inception of the project through to completion. In addition the successful candidate will have a strong focus on web service orientated development.
This particular contract is to work on service layer APIs and technology to support a Sport Live experience. I am looking for multiple Java developers to work on one of two key service layer technologies. The first key area is the production of a new Sport Data API which will surface exciting Sporting statistics to support a fast Live experience across Football and all sports. The other position requires strong Java skills to create a Live API, which pulls together all other assets that can be surfaced for a Live experience, ranging from Live Video, Live Commentary and Live Statistics.
These are exciting technologies for world class Java developers to sink their teeth in to. Distinctly, the first position is transforming and surfacing XML sport data and surfacing it to support a truly Live experience. The second position is taking that sports data and surfacing it alongside video and live text, to support a strong Live experience.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Highly proficient at writing robust software for large-scale web applications in a fast changing environment with rapid release cycles.
- In depth knowledge of software design and enterprise architecture patterns
- In depth knowledge of Java / J2EE and related technologies and XML
- XQuery, XSLT, XPath for XML (content store) manipulation
- Highly proficient in writing good quality object-oriented code using Java
- Highly proficient with web services (e.g. RESTful services), including the ability to programmatically interact with data formats that may include XML, JSON and RDF.
- Extensive experience of Agile development practices including TDD & BDD and their application.
- Pair programming with developers with a range of ability and knowledge.
- Using test automation framework, code quality tools and performance analysis tools.
- Demonstrable competence in one or more mainstream development frameworks and design patterns for example Spring and REST (JAX-RS).
- Proficient in the design and execution effective functional tests.
- Experience of supporting, modifying and maintaining systems and code developed by 3rd parties.
- Strong understanding of writing monitoring hooks and using performance-benchmarking tools.
- Basic understanding of writing optimised secure code.
- Experience using continuous integration as an integral part of a project.
This is an URGENT Requirement, to be considered for these exciting new contracts, forward your CV to [Click Here to Email Your CV] or call me on 0161 835 8751