CGI is looking for a number of Ada Software Developers to join their busy team working on a variety of interesting projects. The roles are based out of our Leatherhead or Reading Offices. The roles will require you to hold SC clearance. Applications are welcomed from anyone who meets the current UK criteria for this level of security clearance.
You should have experience of developing software in a commercial environment, preferably in applications for engineering or high-assurance systems.
Essential experience in at least one of the following areas:
- high assurance or safety-related applications;
- embedded systems;
- real-time/ near real-time applications;
- scientific or mathematical computing (e.g. industrialisation of algorithms, mathematical modelling)
You should hold a University degree or equivalent in computer science, maths, physics or engineering or demonstrable relevant work experience.
Experience of both OO and structured programming in Ada, including at least one of the additional following languages: Java, C, C++, C#
- Understanding of the entire software design, development and deployment lifecycle
Experience of both traditional waterfall and Agile methods
- Familiarity with RUP (and in particular UML techniques)
Experience of operating under recognised industry standards with day-do-day experience of
- source control (using tools such as SVN, GIT, ClearCase etc)
- code reviews
- coverage testing
- formal defect tracking (using tools such as Bugzilla etc)
- Familiarity with the following standards or similar: DO 178B/C, DEF STAN 00-56, DEF STAN 00-55
- Safety Critical language subsets (e.g. SPARK Ada, Misra C)
- Experience of developing applications on both Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems
- Experience in any of the following:
- Scripting (e.g. Shell, Perl, Python etc)
- Eclipse or other similar IDEs
- Build Processes (e.g. Ant, Maven)
- Static and dynamic code analysis (e.g. Logiscope, Cantata, Sonar)
- MODAF (and Artisan Studio)
Experience of any of the following:
- RTOS (e.g. LynxOS or VxWorks)
- HP Quality Centre,
- Test Driven Development & Continuous Integration (see Agile Methods above)
- Familiarity with techniques such as Fagan Inspections.
CGI is a leading business and technology services company with 71,000 professionals across the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific. We have the presence, expertise and complete IT services to meet clients' business needs anywhere, anytime and to offer our professionals challenging and rewarding careers. REF: EO
Salary: £25000 – £45000 per annum + benefits. Date posted: 14/05/2013