Working within a large metropolitan police force, the prime responsibility of the Commercial Manager – Digital Forensics is to manage the relationships with Forensic Service Providers (FSPs) to deliver effective and efficient allocation of Digital Forensics work.
* In concert with the customer and drawing upon forensic services competence, decides on the most appropriate FSP to receive packages of work having regard to their individual competence and current capacity
* Works with the customer and FSPs to ensure work is carried out to meet agreed turnaround times and costs to complete work required
* Supports the Service Delivery Manager in preparation of the monthly service report in providing current status FSP work in progress and forecasts
* Advises and measures FSPs on standards compliance
* Develops and maintains the interface between the customer’s case management system and the FSPs
Ensures all appropriate information is delivered from each FSP. This will include quality assessments of past deliveries and adherence to agreed KPIs
* Receives estimates of future demand from the customer on a regular basis, and matches this to the forecast availability from the capable FSPs. Records in a forecast plan agreed with the customer and communicates as appropriate to FSPs
* Prepares a monthly report for the Service Delivery Manager detailing work carried out, results, quality assessments and KPI performance for presentation to the customer at the regular Service Management Board
* Identifies capacity constraints and develops plans to resolve these issues through appropriate work allocation between FSPs or through adding additional FSPs
* Upon accession of new customers develops a plan for increasing capacity through working with FSPs and identifying new partners
Manages delivery issues between the customer and the FSPs
A self-starter, the successful candidate will be very well organized, operating with minimal supervision whilst enthusing and motivating colleagues and peers with their energy and drive.
Staff management responsibilities
There will be direct line management of one colleague.
The role is based on a customer site in London, with occasional travel required within the UK.
This role will report to the Contract Manager – Digital Forensics
Education and qualifications
Evidence of a good standard of education and relevant job based learning.
Degree qualified (or equivalent) in a related discipline.
Experience in either a Digital Forensics supplier or a service provider managing a complex 3rd party delivery
Experience of Forensics in a modern policing environment
Excellent supplier management skills
Ability to communicate to both technical and non-technical audience
Strong customer facing skills
Strong written communication and presentation skills
High level of drive & motivation
Evidence of working as a leader in a related discipline.
Knowledge of Digital Forensics techniques
Knowledge of ITIL and Service management techniques
Knowledge of Project Management and project delivery skills
Holds or has ability to achieve UK security clearance to NPPV/SC level
ITIL V3 certification
MSP or Prince 2 certification
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.