Senior Systems Engineer
Salary: up to Â£60k basic salary plus completive benefits scheme
This is an excellent opportunity to join the leading Commercial Real Estate Information provider in the UK & US. Costar Group is a fast paced, growing company, and as the Senior Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for Maintaining the Core IT Systems, Networks and Sites that allows the Company to be the leader in its field. You will provide the needed expertise to deliver crucial IT Projects for the business. The UK Operations team manages all IT Services across the UK/EU Group, with offices in London, Glasgow, Manchester, Paris and Madrid. The UK Operations team also works closely with the US Operations team in Washington DC, and helps support their Systems outside of their core hours.
Costar uses Microsoft Technology throughout, so you will have extensive knowledge of Windows Desktop OSâs, Windows Server 2008/2012, Active Directory, Exchange Server 2010/2013, MS Office 2007/2010/2013. Continuous training is encouraged and paid for by the company.
Responsibilities of the Senior Systems Engineer
- Maintain 100% uptime for Company products by working with Software Development team to ensure Best Practices are used for Best Uptime possible
- Monitor products, systems and networks for problems and remediate accordingly.
- Maintain and Implement as needed LAN/WAN/WLAN/VPN connections between offices and Data Centre
- Maintain and Implement as needed the highest level of Security (Firewalls, Anti-Virus, Anti-Spam, Anti-Malware) for Server and Workstations estates
- Maintain and Implement as needed VMware hosts and deploy guests as needed
- Maintain and Implement as needed EqualLogic/EMC SANâs
- Maintain and Implement as needed Infrastructure services like AD, Backups, File/Print etc)
- Maintain and Implement as needed Exchange 2010/2013
- Maintain and Implement as needed Hardware like Servers, Storage Arrays, PCâs/Laptops, mobiles etc.
- Apply Best Practices and Documentation of existing environments
- Work with IT Manager and US Lead Architects to ensure Groupâs IT Systems are fit for purpose, and as efficient and effective as possible, to satisfy Business Requirements
- Provide support to all employees when required.
What you need in becoming the successful Senior Systems Engineer:
- University Degree, preferably in a computer-related subject
- Proven experience in a similar role, working within a team of Engineers
- Proven troubleshooting and root cause problem solving
- Windows Server 2008/2012
- Powershell experience
- Exchange 2010/2013
- SQL Server 2005/2008/2012
- Active Directory 2008/2012
- Windows 7/8/10
- WSUS – Windows Patching
- Vmware ESX with EqualLogic SAN shared storage/or other relevant Technology
- McAfee ePO 5.3 – Antivirus for Desktop and Servers (VirusScan Enterprise 8.8.0)
- MalwareBytes Pro – Enterprise level Malware Protection
- Trend Micro IMSS 7.1 – SPAM and Security filter Mail Gateway
- BigFix – Third-party Patching
- Symantec Backup Exec – Backups
- HP/Cisco Switches – UK/US Standard
- HP Servers – Default Corporate standard – Proliant DL360/380 6/7
- Juniper Firewall – Offices & Data Centre
- Juniper SSL VPNÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â SA-2000 DevicesÂ Vasco/IdentikeyÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
- F5 LoadbalancersÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
- Ability to lift/move equipment around the office/Data Centre
What is in it for you?
You would be part of a fast-changing and ambitious group which has already commenced its aggressive expansion plans, and you will be part of a dynamic team charged with facilitating our rapidly expanding technical operation.
Based in our city centre head office just off Oxford Street, we can offer you an attractive salary and benefits package including 33 days holidays per year. We also have a Ride2work scheme, free fresh fruit, pension scheme, Childcare vouchers, birthday lunches, interest free season ticket loans, ability to buy and sell holidays and many more fantastic benefits.
If you feel as though you meet the above criteria then please apply now!