Provident Financial plc is a leading UK-based company providing home credit and a card credit product. Established over 130 years we understand our customers’ circumstances and aspirations and offer products that are tailored to meet their needs. With strong emphasis and focus on relationships and personal service, we aim to provide realistic and manageable credit.
At Provident, We Drive, We Engage, We Connect – Together We Make Life Better
Provident Home Credit is part of Provident Financial Group, a FTSE100 established in 1880. We are a rapidly expanding and changing business and over the past 2 years, we have seen a transformation through digitalisation and rapid growth. We are still the friendly face of finance and loans though, and we are proud of the foundations PFG has built for over 130 years, by making millions of lives better by lending manageable amounts of money with simple, transparent repayment plans to our customers.
We want to grow our company and stand out from the crowd
How do we do this?
With the right people joining us on our journey. All you need to bring are the same qualities that have served us so well since 1880: honesty, trust, understanding, a strong work ethic and ambition to match.
We are committed to providing fantastic opportunities for your development and the freedom to voice your ideas and see processes, plans and strategies being formed and implemented from them.
We are very excited about our future and the roadmap ahead of us.
Interested? Read on
We are a rapidly expanding and changing business and require a new Senior Business Analyst to join our Change and Technology team.
We are continuing to embark on our change journey, and the pipeline of change is very impressive, we would love for an ambitious Senior BA, who wants to be a part of this transformation and continue to increase the profile and effectiveness of Business Analysis to join us.
You will be responsible for understanding business context and requirements, to enable you to contribute to continuous improvement of existing business processes and structure.
- Be responsible for eliciting and managing business requirements, ensuring traceability, through a range of investigative techniques.
- Mapping ‘as is’ processes and the modelling of ‘to be’ processes.
- Assessments of change requests raised by the business, to understand the true business need, benefits, risks etc. and provide a recommendation for next steps.
- Conduct feasibility studies and impact assessments.
- Support the identification and documentation of solution/system deficiencies and recommend appropriate options for resolution, producing options papers where relevant.
- Liaise closely with developers to ensure the end product is fit for business purpose.
- Contribute towards and undertake quality assurance of test strategies and other test documentation.
- Lead the continual improvement of the Business Analysis team and processes.
- Manage resource and capacity, and the allocation of analysts on new projects.
- Line management responsibility of the analysts within the Home Credit, reporting to the Business Analysis Manager.
- Lead BA experience, with key involvement in multiple project deliveries (end to end).
- Have experience in the management of other Business Analysts (Development Plans, Recruitment, Resource Allocation (forecasting, utilisation etc).
- Hold a solid working knowledge of BA tools and techniques.
- Understand and have experience of the full project and business analysis life cycle.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively and build relationships with stakeholders across the business, including Senior Management.
- Be able to deliver effective presentations, and facilitate meetings and workshops.
- Have strong analytical and problem solving skills, accompanied with the ability to comfortably multi-task.
- Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (including Microsoft Visio ideally).
- Have excellent planning and organisational skills, with the ability to work effectively on multiple projects.
- Thrive in a fast paced working environment.
- Be able to demonstrate pro-active improvements of processes.
- Have an enthusiastic approach to projects and moving the business forward.
- Be able to think creative, pro-active and self-motivated.
- Agile and Waterfall projects
- University Undergraduate Degree
- Have an ISEB professional certification, this would be an advantage
- Have experience of working within an FCA regulated environment
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to work on large transformational projects and see the benefits of your hard work.
- Opportunity to help shape and define the way in which we perform Business Analysis.
- Great working environment and friendly culture
- Training and Development.