Job Title: Technical Product Manager
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Salary: £55,000 to £70,000
Are you looking to get into a Product Management role with a twist?
If so… keep on reading…
I am working with a company who have a reputation. That reputation is for providing high quality software to a diverse customer base, including both blue chip organisations and savvy tech start ups. They are going through a period of economic growth and this role represents a highly strategic hire due to the responsibilities attached.
They love to play with the latest technologies and their Microsoft partnership means they get access to early releases for the newest Microsoft tech. People all over the world use their software and they are recognised as one of the fastest growing technology companies by Tech Track 100.
But enough about them… this role is about you…
You are somebody with a passion for technology and somebody who likes the idea of a ‘start up’ culture in a global company. You are somebody who wants to contribute to the full software development life-cycle and somebody with a background in the architecture and design of high-calibre Microsoft solutions.
You will be responsible for:
• Defining market requirements and packaging the features into product releases.
• Liaising directly with members of the technical team including Development Leads, Software Engineers and QA Engineers to devise technical feasibility.
• Understanding the technical specification aligned to products therefore technical knowledge is vital.
• Gathering requirements from existing and potential customers.
• Understanding the full Agile development process.
• Writing market requirements documents, Agile product backlogs, user stories and ensuring that documentation is written correctly and to a high standard.
• Leadership, so proven managerial experience is vital.
• The full product life-cycle.
• Monitoring the implementation of each product.
As a Technical Product Manager, you will be expected to have experience of some of the following:
• You should’ve previously held a Product Manager position in a commercial software company, preferably in the Enterprise Software field (i.e., ERP, CRM, HR, finance, etc.).
• You should have an In-depth understanding of product specifications, including use cases, priorities, requirements, constraints, etc., in both Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
• You should have recent experience in web applications (not web sites) and modern mobile applications (iPhone and/or Android), and if possible, desktop applications on Microsoft Windows and Apple OS X.
• You should have recent experience and technical knowledge of highly scalable applications and web services using Microsoft technologies with a specific focus on the .NET framework
• You should have recent product experience with SaaS and hosted applications, both in multi-instance and multi-tenancy environments, with experience in hosting on virtual environments such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS, or Heroku.
• You should have experience with web based product management tools, with recent experience with JIRA / Confluence preferred.
• You should have a solid understanding of project management concepts.
• You should have experience of working with user experience and visual designers and a track record in delivering solutions that have a world class user experience.
• You should have demonstrated ability to work remotely with a virtual team or off-shore team.
• You should have a track record of client facing experience in sales, marketing, or product management.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in learning more about then get in touch by the following means:
• Email: [Click Here to Email Your CV]
• DD: 0191 3387540
• Mobile: 07943721308
Anything discussed will be kept confidential.
Nigel Frank International is the leading Microsoft Technologies recruitment firm in the UK, advertising more Microsoft jobs than any other agency. We deal with both Microsoft Partners & End Users throughout the UK and Europe and we have never had more live requirements for Microsoft professionals. By specializing solely in placing candidates in the Microsoft Technologies market I have built relationships with most of the key employers in the UK and have an unrivaled understanding of where the best opportunities are.