Job Title: IT Project Manager
Competitive Salary & Benefits
About the role
The role will be responsible for ensuring the Project Management function is managed profitably and in-line with our business plan goals. The successful candidate will manage a culture of continuous improvement by continually fine-tuning and updating our systems and processes – embracing new tools and methodologies.
About Capita | Customer Management
Capita Customer Management is part of Capita plc, the UK’s leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
We provide first-class customer services for other organisations and companies by phone, email, web and more. Our contact centres are home to thousands of customer service advisors, sales colleagues, collections agents and back office processing staff. With more than 14,500 colleagues across 19 contact centres in the UK, India, Poland and South Africa, we manage customers for a range of big name clients like O2, Volkswagen Group, British Gas, RSPCA and William Hill.
What you will do:
- Responsible for managing projects from initiation through delivery and implementation and handover into support.
- Management of IT teams and key resources
- Line Management of Project Management tesam including; coaching/development, performance reviews, appraisals, on2ones etc…
- Stakeholder management with Internal and external clients
- Management of risk, issues and dependencies
- Delivering projects on time and within budget
- Ensures Project team adheres to time recording processes and understand the financial implications
- Responsible for monthly financial forecasting, and recording of any project expenditure and reviewing against forecasts.
- Provides weekly project status report and metrics packs to required standard and content
- That lead times for each activity are accurately communicated throughout the business
- That Project plans are in place for every project along with Raid’s resource profiles and other key project documentation
- Ensuring governance is adhered to and strong management of the process
- Owner of non-functional acceptance for proving effective build of all new infrastructures.
Your experience will include:
- Strong well-rounded Project Management background
- Experience of line managing project management teams up to around 7 members, carrying out all line management activities.
- Experience of delivering services using outsource partners
- Experience of process deployment, Prince 2 certified practitioner
- Experience of building and managing medium sized teams (20+ people)
- Experience of delivering to milestone plans
- Experience of delivering service improvement initiatives
- Experience of managing million pound budgets
- Experience of communicating with business leaders and customers
- Experience of working in a matrix managed organisation
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Broad understanding of technology and infrastructure
What’s in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren’t optional extras: they’re how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 22 day’s holiday,10% company car allowance, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process – click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.