Desktop Support Engineer- Darwen
Passionate about providing desktop support and want to be part of a FTSE 50 company? Then this role may be for you!
About the role
To provide desktop support on site and at other sites within the South West region. Although the role is based in Darwen that may be ad-hoc requests to provide cover at other locations within reasonable travelling distance. For this reason a driving license is essential.
About Capita | End User Services
Capita End User Services is part of Capita plc, the UK’s leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
End User Services’ solutions address the ‘workplace of the future’ and are designed to facilitate the mobility and productivity of employees, irrespective of their location or the device they’re using. Enabling smarter use of corporate and personal devices by combining the best blend of devices, security services and productivity applications we improve productivity and user satisfaction.
Our key areas are service management, managed workplace, on demand toolset and service integration and management (SIAM). We understand the technology and processes so we can provide a flexible approach to help achieve the best, end-to-end solution that delivers real, tangible benefits.
What you will do:
- Provision of high quality Desktop support services to office based users and remote users.
- 2nd Line Desktop Support
- Adherence to the service delivery model in place.
- Accurate, complete, and informative call management updating.
- Effective working relations with other Capita and 3rd party resolver groups.
- Timely and effective problem resolution and fault diagnosis.
- Hardware and software upgrades.
- Carry out project tasks as agreed.
- Maintain accurate and complete documentation.
- Maintain accurate and complete asset register information (hardware & Software)
- Adherence to Change Control processes and procedures.
- Carry out all agreed Service Improvement actions or Project actions as per the work package description or within the project plan timescales.
- Work effectively with other resolving agents within Desktop Services and within IT Services as a whole.
Your experience will include:
- Proven desktop support experience.
- Excellent knowledge of Windows 7, Office suits, PC/laptop hardware, printers, scanners.
- Hardware & software installation experience.
- Good fault diagnosis skills.
- A basic understanding of LAN patching
- Basic knowledge of Active Directory
- An ability to troubleshoot problems and get to the root cause of complex technical desktop issues would also be an advantage.
- An understanding of server hardware, LANDesk, experience of using PointSec and McAfee antivirus would be useful, but not essential.
- Previously worked in an environment which measures performance against SLAs and be able to focused on incident management according to priority and business impact.
- Although the core hours are Monday to Friday a flexible approach is required as you may be asked to work some evenings and weekends in order to support change or projects.
- Analytical approach to problem resolution.
- Good team player.
- Must be able to meet strict deadlines
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Willingness to take ownership of problems / issues until resolved
- Must be able to multitask
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer focus.
- Ability to manage the ‘ever changing’ customer workload
- Willingness to work extended hours as and when required.
- Good Time management skills.
- Effective communication skills.
What’s in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren’t optional extras: they’re how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day’s holiday (goes to 25 days after 2 years and 27 days after 5 years), company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process – click apply now.
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.