The Global Technology Operations team are seeking an experienced Senior level Systems Engineer.
The successful applicant will join a highly experienced and motivated team, responsible for the implementation, routine maintenance and ongoing support & development of systems environments running highly critical applications within the UK and North America. Experian is developing its platforms at a tremendous rate and we need someone who can operate independently, manage highly available 24*7 server platforms, build strong trusted relationships with the business & deliver innovative & reliable solutions at the lowest cost of operation.
* Application deployments into production and pre-production environments.
* Proven ability to trouble shoot performance on highly transactional windows servers.
* Work closely with Storage team to design and improve disk level performance.
* Security remediation activities under strict SLA.
* Virtualised environments running VMware.
* Routine Windows patching activities, including post deployment remediation.
* Server recovery planning and execution.
* Manage security related initiatives (PCI) and implement solutions for all audit findings.
* Implement disaster recovery strategies for all assigned projects.
* Perform web sites and application failovers between data centres on a regular basis for testing and validation.
* Perform capacity planning and provide recommendations to enhance performance.
* Diagnose/resolve advanced system performance, communication and throughput problems.
* Engineer, develop, and implement various Enterprise Level Solutions on Windows 2008R2 & 2012 Servers.
* Utilise multiple hardware platforms (Dell, Cisco UCS, etc.) and create and maintain OS base images for each platform.
* Assigned as point person for the data centre operations team on intermediate business projects.
* Act as a liaison between data centre operations and other organizations to gather proper requirements and understand business needs.
* Documents technical design requirements and provides feedback to project team; including Visio designs, application flows, and configuration information.
* Create, manage, and execute production change requests related to all infrastructure enhancements.
* Root Cause Analysis relating to your area of expertise.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related area.
* Significant recent experience as a systems engineer on Windows Server 2008 or later.
* Microsoft IIS.
* Symantec Netbackup or alternative backup products.
* Strong Active Directory skills.
* Strong understanding of server imaging and build practices.
* Strong knowledge of server virtualization platforms and a specific area within Infrastructure.
* Microsoft Office and Visio applications.
* Highly analytical.
* Strong knowledge of Storage Environments (Hitachi or EMC preferred).
* Good knowledge of load balancing using F5 Big IP appliance or similar.
* Microsoft server products such as SharePoint, Exchange, SCCM, SCOM, etc.
* Dell and Cisco hardware platforms.
* Good knowledge of internetworking technologies.
* Highly motivated, independent, analytical, detail focussed.
* Self-starter that takes pride in the quality and timeliness of work they perform.
* Can manage multiple priorities subject to change daily.
* Excellent communicator at all levels, able to explain technology to all areas of the business.
* Able to build strong and trusted partnerships across the business.
* Ability to work within process in a tightly governed environment, including PCI & FCA.
* Must be available and willing to work extended and/or alternative hours.