The Swiis Group of companies is looking for a highly motivated and personable Senior Systems Engineer to join the IT team based at our head office in Central London, with the potential to earn up to £40,000 per annum.
The ideal candidate will have a strong academic background, with either a degree in a computing related subject (2.1 or higher) or possess good working experience and relevant IT Certifications. You must have at least 2- 3 years working in a similar capacity as a Senior Systems Engineer. You should be confident engaging with service users, and should possess excellent communication skills. You will be working as part of a small IT team, and should possess a flexible and enthusiastic approach to your work, willing to be challenged and willing to learn.
Key responsibilities will include
- Senior Systems Engineer will be responsible to handle any IT 3rd line support, make sure they are dealt with and recorded on the Service Desk on a timely manner.
- Carrying out any Project works, Documentations and major changes within the IT Department when directed.
- Working closely with Head of IT to roll out IT best practices and make suggestions for improvement.
- Monitoring, Managing & Implementing Windows 2012 & 2012 R2 Server Farm running AD, DNS, Applications, Exchange 2010 /Office365 , SQL, File Server (Includes Upgrade, Patch installation)
- Monitoring, Managing & Implementing small farm of 5.0 ESXi servers, VSphere & SAN boxes (Includes Upgrade, Patch installation and Firmware Upgrades)
- Troubleshooting network related issues and have good knowledge of VLANS, VOIP & Firewall Devices.
- Mentoring and supporting IT team. Be a good Team player.
- Excellent Knowledge & Experience with Microsoft AD, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, Powershell– MCSE Server Infrastructure Certified
- Excellent Knowledge & Experience with VMware Upgrades, Installation & Management – VMware Certified Professional Certified
- Excellent Knowledge & Experience with Microsoft Exchange 2010 & Office 365/ Mimecast
- Good Understanding and experience of Implementing SAN (iSCSI/FC) technologies –Nexenta SAN system (Preferred but not a requirement)
- Good Networking and experience implementing troubleshooting Firewalls, VLANs, Voip Phones :- (Certifications Preferred but not required)
- Ability to learn technologies quickly
- Experience of Office 365 hybrid migration will be a bonus
- A good team contributor, capable of working under pressure
- Pragmatic at all times, understands outcomes prior to proposing solutions and values simplicity
- Must be flexible to travel within UK if needed – Participate for ON CALL coverage
- £30,000-£40,000 per annum, Depending on experience
- Excellent career development opportunities following a 6 month probation period
- 25 days annual leave + 8 Bank Holidays
- Private Health Care and Pension Scheme*
- Childcare vouchers
- Eye care vouchers
At Swiis, we believe that good and great are two entirely different things. So we aim for the latter in everything we do. That’s why Swiis is one of the UK’s leading providers within foster care and Health and Social Care services.
With more than 25 years’ experience Swiis offer an unrivalled understanding of the health and social care sector. And given our commitment to supporting our candidates in their chosen careers through comprehensive training and guidance, we don’t take great for granted. We make great happen.
To apply, please submit a copy of your CV, along with a covering letter telling us a little more about yourself and why you’d be suitable for this position.
Swiis is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults, where applicable. Post holders will subject to a satisfactory disclosure from the Disclosure Barring Service or Protecting Vulnerable Groups Scheme in Scotland.
Due to the volume of applicants, if you have not received a response from us within 14 days, please assume that you have not been successful in your application.
Swiis UK Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
*Terms and conditions apply