3rd Line Support Engineer
£26,000 – £33,000 per annum
Our client is looking for an experienced third line support to the company’s IT and Telecoms systems and users. To provide support and development for main business applications.
The ideal candidate will will have approximately 5 years experience in IT Support positions.
Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Server OSes including: Windows 2008 R2, Windows 2012 R2 and VMware vSphere. Expert use of Active Directory, AD. Good knowledge of Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 / 2013 administration, Comprehensive understanding of Microsoft SQL Server 2012 / 2008 administration, Broad ability to deploy, configure and manage Microsoft IIS administration. Good working knowledge of SANs, Ability to use Scripting tools. Good understanding of network topologies. Strong systems analysis.
- Behaving as an ambassador of the IT Department at all times.
- Be the Third line technical point of contact for all IT support issues.
- Support the First and Second line service desk calls when needed.
- Ensuring that all technology services run reliably and perform optimally.
- Monitor systems and provide proactive support.
- Carry out regular maintenance on all back end technology services.
- Analyse the use of technology within the business and recommend improvements where appropriate.
- Supporting a wide variety of internal and external end-user software and hardware (computer and telecoms).
- Using service desk software to effectively manage all support requests.
- Taking complete ownership of and resolving all notified support issues, promptly, courteously and professionally to agreed service levels (SLAs).
- Ensuring all installations and support resolutions are thoroughly checked and tested before commissioning.
- Effectively communicating with internal customers in respect of support issues, both orally, via email or other electronic means, and at all levels.
- Leaving the support function in such a state that it could easily be picked up by colleagues during absence.
- Keeping the work area and support office clean and tidy, with items organised, labelled and stored appropriately.
Any experience supporting Microsoft Dynamics, SharePoint Citrix, Skype for Business / Lync, NPS, XenDesktop and XenApp, WSUS and SCCM would be beneficial.
Huntress Group does not discriminate on the grounds of ‘protected characteristics’ as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Group acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.