Job Title: Implementation Consultant
Location: Sheffield (S9) or Dunstable (LU5)
Salary: From £35,000 to £50,000 pa depending upon experience
Benefits: Pension, private healthcare, bonus and flexible benefits
Job Type: Permanent
For over 40 years the company has created innovative solutions and products for global financial services customers. Their loyal customer base comprises household names and spans Europe, the Middle East and Africa, and they have a clear strategy to expand their reach whilst continuing to serve their core markets.
Their values are real, and ripple throughout the organisation – they respect one another, they support their teams, and put their customers at the heart of all they do.
In their business, you’ll enjoy unrivalled opportunities to do meaningful work as you engage with a dedicated team of like-minded professionals – people determined to change the practices of business; increasing efficiency and improving the look and feel of technology for end users.
With this company, you’ll learn and develop new skills and contribute to the advancement of your field – thinking ahead begins now. They are committed to helping you grow and share your expertise while developing a diverse and esteemed network of colleagues from around Europe.
The company is now looking for an experienced Implementation Consultant who will work with their customers on the implementations and upgrades of software.
After a period of training on the systems, you will be based predominantly on customer sites, and these are based throughout the UK and Europe. You may be required to support these customers and their implementations from the UK, but out of core working hours.
The role is to support clients in their implementation of the company’s solutions, from the sales process through to the go live of the system. You will provide clients with objective strategic advisory services to improve their organisation’s performance and long-term competitiveness by working with them to optimise the implementation of the software, and their own business processes.
You’ll get involved in requirements gathering and understanding the client’s processes, and helping to define their requirements and the manner in which the implementation is performed. The main areas you’ll then work with are:
- Understand customer needs and offer assistance proactively
- Recommend solutions within own discipline
- Define business requirements and associated technical solutions
- Work with the development teams to design software solutions and workarounds according to process requirements
- Prepare elements of business case definition
- Implement process change definition
- Work with the team on the product configuration
- Define and execute test scripts
- Specify requirements for data migration
- Degree educated or of degree calibre
- 6 years + experience of working in financial services or an allied industry
- Previous experience of supporting customers in software implementations and upgrades
- Product configuration experience
- Experience of data migration
- Ability to assimilate and understand the customer’s requirements to assist in the implementation / upgrade project
- Ability to define, plan and execute test scripts
- An analytical approach to fault investigation and resolution
- Good understanding of IT infrastructure and deployment methods using latest techniques and technologies is desirable
- An appreciation / understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Flexibility on working hours and location, which is essential due to the nature of the role
- An understanding of and experience of working with one or more of the following – Oracle databases, Oracle Fusion Middleware, ThinClient/Browser based systems, SQL or PLSQL (technical knowledge not essential)
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills – comfortable dealing with all levels of customer management
- Able to deal with complex problems and suggest solutions
- Demonstrate a positive attitude to trying out different things and offering innovative solutions
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Software Developer, Implementation Manager, Software Implementation, IT Infrastructure Manager, Software Engineer, Banking Software, IT Project Manager, Banking Implementation Manager, IT Implementation Manager, Oracle Developer, IT Project Coordinator, Oracle Engineer, SQL Developer, Project Manager will also be considered for this role.