Senior QA Engineer
Salary: Market rate
Location: Haywards Heath (with occasional travel to London)
A great senior Quality Assurance position has come up within Collinson Insurance & Assistance; offered on a permanent basis and working with the IT team in Haywards Heath to ensure projects are completed at the very highest quality possible, planning and executing both automated and manual test scripts, whilst mentoring less senior members of the team.
This would be a fantastic opportunity for a Quality Assurance Engineer to develop and hone their current skills to a senior level within a supportive Agile environment at a reputable and steadily growing global company.
- Preparation and review of test plans and scripts
- Preparation and review of test reports
- Ensure that acceptance tests are agreed and signed off with relevant stakeholders
- Carry out manual exploratory tests
- Prioritise log and track issues according to Company processes
- To raise issues related to usability, performance and general look and feel, in addition to defects
- Carry out regression tests
- Provide feedback to the development team and ensure the work is carried out in accordance with the schedule and quality requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Strong QA and testing industry knowledge
- Detailed knowledge of both manual and automated testing
- Experience of testing tools (TestComplete and SpiraTest experience desirable)
- Thorough knowledge of structured test methods and processes
- Proficient in VB/VBA and SQL testing
- Experience of data warehouse testing would be advantageous
- Proven experience of testing user and system interfaces
- Good analytical skills to devise an optimal suite of test cases for a piece of functionality
- Careful attention to detail with proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Must be proficient in spoken and written English
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Able to communicate effectively with non-technical staff and with members of interdisciplinary teams
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Recent acquisitions, brand rationalisations and complete re-launches, mark the start of an incredibly exciting period of growth and further investment within the Insurance and Assistance capability for the group. A forward thinking, customer centric approach, coupled with innovative insurance and assistance solutions will deliver 40% growth over the coming three years.
Collinson Group is a global leader in shaping and influencing customer behaviours to drive revenue and value for clients. The group offers a unique blend of industry and sector specialists who together provide market-leading experience in delivering products and services across four core capabilities: Loyalty, Lifestyle Benefits, Insurance and Assistance.
The group provides unrivalled insight and expertise around affluent consumers and frequent travelers, creating and delivering products and services that increase engagement, loyalty and value for customers.
We have more than 25 years’ experience, with 28 global locations, servicing over 800 clients in 170 countries, employing 1,500 staff, and managing over 20 million end customers. We have been bringing innovation to the market since inception – from launching the first independent global VIP lounge access Programme, Priority Pass™ to being the first to sell direct travel insurance in the UK through Columbus Direct and creating the first loyalty agency of its kind in the travel sector with ICLP. Today we still invest heavily in innovation to ensure that we continue to deliver superior customer experiences.
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to the Ortolan Group, who are acting as consultants for the hiring company. The Ortolan Group are engaged to review applications and to forward on those that match the requirements of the role.We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.