You must have a confident and positive attitude, be self-motivated, have a passion for learning and problem solving and follow an analytical approach when it comes to diagnosing issues. You should also enjoy having a busy and varied role, be able to manage your own time and be capable of inspiring your colleagues: your immediate team will consist of other support engineers, systems/project engineers and service delivery. There are also plenty of opportunities for career growth and promotions within the company.
The nature of this role will suit someone who is interested in attending and presenting in client meetings, expanding their knowledge, learning new skills and technologies, and understands the importance of providing a reliable and responsive customer support experience. Candidates must have at least 5 years’ experience in a Linux trouble-shooting systems administration/operations role.
• BAU operations and third-line support: deploying and trouble-shooting applications running on Linux systems (Ubuntu / RedHat / CentOS) using JBoss, Tomcat, Apache, Adobe CQ and MySQL.
• Trouble-shooting systems and networks including VMWare.
• Using, maintaining/modifying our service management portal system (ServiceNow)
• Maintenance of and responding to monitoring alerts (Xymon)
• Following ITIL processes
• Creating and maintaining documentation and supporting other members of the team
• Providing on call, out of hours support as part of the support rota and major incident oncall management responsibilities
• 5 years in a Linux administration and troubleshooting role (RHCE or similar certification preferred)
• Proven experience of administration and troubleshooting database issues
• Strong My/SQL knowledge
• Good scripting skills (shell / bash, python) and experience with Puppet
• Experience in supporting and trouble-shooting J2EE applications
• Experience of presenting to clients and/or senior staff members
• Familiarity with load balancers and firewalls
• Managing and supporting business-critical applications meeting SLAs
• Good knowledge of common networking protocols and software
• Experience of ITIL
• Able to explain complex issues to non-technical audiences
• Works well under pressure
• Team player and experience of mentoring
• Interested in technology and learning new skills
• Clear and confident communicator (written and spoken English)
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work with our Financial Services client in Warwickshire who is looking for a highly experienced Senior Information Security Consultant. You will have demonstrable experience of developing and managing the successful delivery of information security projects ...Read more