The Commercial Manager SWAN (Scottish Wide Area Network) will provide commercial advice and support in relation to the SWAN contracts. They will be the key advisor to the SWAN management team on all contractual matters and related commercial risks and will provide advice and support to the SWAN operational teams on the contractual and commercial matters arising in the day to day operation of SWAN.
- Drafting (and negotiating with the SWAN Authority on) variations to and change controls under the Framework Agreement and liaising with the SWAN team regarding the same.
- Drafting new Call-Off Contracts (using a pre-defined template), liaising with the SWAN team (and where required Capita Group departments) on any customer specific elements of the same (for example any potential employee transfers under TUPE) and then negotiating such Call-Off Contracts with the Call-Off Customers.
- Drafting and negotiating variations to and change controls under the Call-Off Contracts and assisting the SWAN team with any bespoke orders under the Call-Off Contracts (including as regards the preparation of customer proposals and the drafting of terms and conditions required to support such orders).
- Drafting and negotiating any material sub-contracts that are specific to SWAN.
- Supporting the SWAN team on matters of contractual interpretation and regarding significant contractual disputes and claims (for example service credit disputes, allegations of breach etc).
- Identifying, managing and reporting on key commercial risks.
- Assisting the SWAN team with the development and implementation of the processes required to support the contracts (for example regarding service acceptance and contract changes, approval of new opportunities etc).
- Providing commercial input to the required processes (for example regarding contract changes, approval of new opportunities etc).
- Ensuring that Capita internal governance is complied with (for example relevant approvals are obtained, commercial criteria are met, registers are updated etc).
- Assisting the SWAN team with sales opportunities that cannot be placed under a Call-Off Contract (for example by using other Framework Agreements that Capita is a party to).
- Putting in place confidentiality agreements as required by the SWAN team.
- Such other duties and responsibilities as may be required of the employee and that are commensurate with their knowledge, skills and experience.
- An excellent understanding of contract law and its application (in the context of commercial contracts)
- The ability to manage complex contracts
- The ability to interpret complex contracts
- The ability to manage and resolve contract disputes
- Strong drafting and negotiating skills (terms and conditions and contract schedules)
- The ability to provide commercial advice at all stages of the contract process
- Experience of developing business processes
- Risk management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Confident with the ability to lead and influence
- The ability to develop strong relationships
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- The ability to solve problems and develop solutions
- The ability to work with limited supervision
- The ability to use MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc – it should be noted that there is no real admin support
Candidates should be comfortable working autonomously and able to interact with stakeholders at all levels.
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.