Infrastructure Support Team Leader
3 Month contract
£350 – £400 per day
Job Purpose and Context
In the UK, Capita Secure Information Solutions is a market leader in providing solutions to public safety agencies, central government departments, local authorities and voluntary organisations. This continuous development of public safety communication systems was recognised in the Queen’s Award for Enterprise: Innovation 2008. We provide mission-critical systems and services to police, fire and ambulance agencies as well as national organisations such as the Maritime and Coastguard Agency, the Highways Agency, British transport Police, RAF Search and Rescue and the Ministry of Defence Police. In addition, we also provide ICT managed services for a number of local authorities, police forces and associated government agencies.
This role sits within the Public Sector Business Unit, which is involved with the development, implementation and support of the Essex Councils. The Business Unit is also responsible for provision of ICT services to a number of local government, central government and police organisations.
Service Support Processes span the J&S Service hierarchy. Therefore it is important to define the responsibilities associated with the activities that have to be performed in the owned process, as well as providing continued interaction and close working relationships with the other process owners
- Work to ITIL v3 & ISO 20000 best practice
- Control to progress all Incidents and Service Requests through ‘Service Restored’ until closed.
- Incident investigation and diagnosis (including resolution where possible).
- The resolution and recovery of assigned Incidents.
- Initial support and classification
- Keeping affected Users informed about progress.
- Escalating the Incidents aligned to the Incident Management processes if necessary.
- Monitoring Incident details, including the Configuration Items affected.
- Assurances on accuracy of data and codes on Incidents.
- Reviewing the attached error logs supplied by the Service Analysts.
- Keeping SharePoint/network drive up to date with Customer Information and liaising with Service Now Admin for changes to Customer information in Service Now.
- Liaising with SDM on Customer or CSIS Issues.
- Identifying the need and ensuring that incidents are raised with third party suppliers.
- Linking incidents to known Problems.
- The approval of Incident Management raised RFCs.
- Provide training and mentoring for other members of the team.
- Assist engineers in the resolution of incidents.
- Raising Request for Change (RFC) for Incident related, standard high impacting changes aligned to the Change Management processes.
- Driving the efficiency and effectiveness of the Incident Management process against the stated SLA targets and contract requirements.
- Recommending improvements in process, training, facilities, etc. to the Incident Manager.
- Effective integration and interaction with other Service Support process areas.
- Alignment to all Corporate Policies
- Provide the updates on investigation milestones where required or needed to the Customers.
- Timely delivery of actions as detailed and agreed in Major Incident Report (MIR) Register.
- Provide the flexibility to allow for the planning of the stated office hours to be manned by the minimal staff
- Monday – Friday 08:00 – 18:00.
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.