A Capita ITES Enterprise Architect (EA) will be required to work within Capita IT Enterprise Services presales function. Capita tenders for business in both the Private and Public sectors. A Capita EA will be experienced in responding to bids for clients in both sectors. Ideally a Capita EA will be experienced in Official Journal of European Community (OJEC) structured procurements, including the competitive dialogue bid process.
Capita ITES bid for work in their own right, typically smaller <£50m ITO deals. Capita ITES does however pursue and win larger deals as a result of supporting Capita Group Sales BPO bids, where the IT component / workstream is a part of a larger multi workstream procurement e.g. Local Government might require HR & Payroll, Property Services and Customer Services as well as ICT. In the context of a Group led deal the Capita EA should treat their Group sales colleagues as a highly valued internal customer. The EA should quickly integrate him / herself into the team and consciously build and document an understanding of the role they play in the Group bid team.
An EA will take an initial high level view of the deal and anticipate what skills are required to construct the Target Operating Model (TOM). The EA will then have to build a team comprised of appropriate resources above the mandatory quorum (Cost Modeller and Bid Manager). For example a contact centre deal will required a Telephony TDA and a CRM TDA to assist you in translating the base requirements into the TOM. The EA will be responsible for ensuring that his / her team have the appropriate level of technical in interpersonal / soft skills to complete the task required of them. Typically a TDA will have to attend client facing meetings, contribute costs to the ITES cost model and produce well written narrative to communicate their component of the solution to the client. All of the TDA’s output should be quality assured by the EA, this mandatory requirement. The EA should NOT assume that the TDA’s provided to them are fit for purpose; the EA should satisfy them that the resource can complete their tasks and has been evidenced to do so in the past if possible.
- Ensuring the deal fits with the affordability envelope
- Management Consultancy ability (the ability to learn new business models and empathise with their issues / constraints)
- Challenging the LOS to ensure the costs are appropriate, not gold plated, adequate to deliver the promise.
- Quantifying and managing the risk associated with a deal / bid
- Owning and managing a delivery team and P&L
- Corporate Governance Process / Structure Design
- Team Management experience (5-50 FTE’s depending on the size of the bid)
- Applications Architecture (COTS and Bespoke)
- Infrastructure Architecture (WINTEL, UNIX, Virtualisation, Storage)
- Network Topologies (LAN & WAN)
- Public, Private and Hybrid Cloud Services
- Enterprise Architecture Framework (TOGAF / Zachman)
- Integration Strategies (SOA, ETL)
- Contact Centre technologies (CRM, Workforce Management)
- VoIP Telephony
Service Architecture (ITIL/ITSM)
- Process Design/Operation
- Tool selection CMDB / Service Desk / Asset Management
Vertical Markets Experience
- Public and Commercial Mix (Preferred)
- Specific Verticals (Optional)
Location – UK wide
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.