Senior QA Engineer (9-12 month maternity cover)
9-12 month maternity cover
Salary: £45,000 – £55,000 per annum
A fantastic position has come up within Collinson Technology Services as a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer, working in London office on a 9-to-12 month fixed-term contract for maternity cover. The Engineer will work with the development team to ensure software deployed to production is of the very highest quality possible, devising and carrying out manual and automation tests, helping to maintain, develop and continuously improve existing automated test suites and collaborating with the development team to establish and maintain best practices.
- As part of an Agile Project team, review user stories with the rest of the delivery team to generate acceptance tests (in the “Given, When, Then” format) and QA tasks.
- Ensure that acceptance tests are agreed and signed off with relevant stake holders.
- Carry out manual exploratory tests
- Convert Cucumber scenarios into Ruby Watir automation scripts, and ensure these tests are run as part of continuous integration scripts (Team City).
- Prioritise log and track issues according to Company processes.
- To raise issues related to usability, performance and general look and feel, in addition to defects.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Solid experience of Agile/Lean development team practices is an essential and fundamental requirement of this role
- Strong experience of browser test automation using Ruby using Object-orientated programming techniques and preferably the Watir webdriver
- Considerable experience testing APIs (SOAP and or REST)
- Experience of building new and maintaining legacy automated frameworks
- Considerable experience of using Continuous Integration tools essential, preferably using Team City
- Experience of using Source code management tools essential, ideally SVN or Git
- Good analytical skills to devise an optimal suite of test cases for a piece of functionality
- Experience in the testing of performance critical web applications essential including cross browser/cross platform
- Preferably a degree in computing or a related discipline with a significant computing content
- Ability to mentor and coach junior QA’s
- The ability to thrive in a fast moving and changing environment
- The ability to show initiative and to work independently
- Keenness to share ideas and to provide fresh insights
CTS was formed in May 2012 in order to create a singular IT body within the Collinson Group, responsible for project delivery, implementation, integration and post-delivery live service support.
By utilising a variety of agile methodologies and engineering practices (e.g. scrum, Kanban, TDD and XP) we are able to adopt a leaner delivery model and keep our finger on the pulse of the latest market trends and customer demands.
Collinson Group is a global leader in shaping and influencing customer behaviours to drive revenue and value for clients. The group offers a unique blend of industry and sector specialists who together provide market-leading experience in delivering products and services across four core capabilities: Loyalty, Lifestyle Benefits, Insurance and Assistance.
The group provides unrivalled insight and expertise around affluent consumers and frequent travelers, creating and delivering products and services that increase engagement, loyalty and value for customers.
We have more than 25 years’ experience, with 28 global locations, servicing over 800 clients in 170 countries, employing 1,500 staff, and managing over 20 million end customers. We have been bringing innovation to the market since inception – from launching the first independent global VIP lounge access Programme, Priority Pass™ to being the first to sell direct travel insurance in the UK through Columbus Direct and creating the first loyalty agency of its kind in the travel sector with ICLP. Today we still invest heavily in innovation to ensure that we continue to deliver superior customer experiences.
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to the Ortolan Group, who are acting as consultants for the hiring company. The Ortolan Group are engaged to review applications and to forward on those that match the requirements of the role.We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.