Freight Transport Association – IT Support Analyst (1st line support). Paying a competitive salary extensive benefits. Full time hours – (rota basis). Based in Tunbridge Wells, Kent.
Freight Transport Association (FTA) is one of the UK’s largest membership organisations, with a commitment to looking after the interests of more than 14,000 businesses involved in moving goods and passengers by road, rail, sea or air. Increasing legislative and economic pressures on our members will ensure an ever increasing demand for our support. We are intensely proud of our status as the leading trade organisation for the UK transport industry.
We are seeking an IT Support Analyst (1st line support) who is a highly motivated individual with highly motivated, with good communication and interpersonal skills and able to deal with internal and external customers. To be successful you must have good customer service skills, ability to work under pressure in a mission critical environment, work effectively in a team environment sometimes under pressure and to liaise with other departments. You will have a proven ability to resolve often difficult technical problems for remote staff and customers in a pleasant and helpful manner using troubleshooting skills to determine the correct course of action to be taken.
As our IT Support Analyst (1st line support) you will preferably be qualified or experienced with PC’s and other IT systems. Experience in a customer facing capacity would be an advantage. The role requires a natural ability to fault find PC software/hardware support and the ability to build/configure and deploy IT equipment.
Working in partnership with FTA stakeholders, you will provide IT helpdesk and application support to our internal and external customer base, covering desktop/laptop, application software (including MS Office 365), desk phones and mobiles. Additionally, you will need to be able demonstrate a high level of technical/problem solving ability as well as interpersonal and customer care skills.
Your main responsibilities as our IT Support Analyst (1st line support) will be:
- Provide 1st line IT support for our mobile workers, office based staff, homeworkers and customer implants, on a rolling shift basis covering hours 08:00 to 18:00
- Respond to and log Helpdesk enquiries in a timely manner and provide fixes for our desktop/laptop hardware, software applications including Sales Logix CRM system, Microsoft Office applications and PUBS/EIS bespoke applications used by our engineering and Tachograph inspectors, ensuring that all logs are recorded on the IT helpdesk software.
- Provide 1st line support for our growing Digital Tachograph customer base. Training will be provided around Digitac products as required.
- To record and provide a ‘fast response’ support to customer technical queries, escalating to 3rd line where required
- Provide technical advice to prospective customers, sometimes in a pre-sales capacity
- To configure, fault find and manage warranty returns for IT equipment and Digital Tachograph products
If you feel like you have what it takes to become our next IT Support Analyst (1st line support), then do not miss out and apply now!
Closing date: 31st March 2015