Capita are a FTSE100 listed company and one of the largest Business Process Outsourcing organisations in the UK. Within the Group Headquarters, one of our service divisions is looking for a Commercial Manager to support the department with commercial management of a significant outsourcing contract and negotiation of Outsourcing and Managed Service contracts as appropriate.
Responsible for providing commercial support across key ACE (Applications and Cloud Enterprise) customer accounts, including the majority of other Capita divisions. The role will involve negotiation with the customer and third party suppliers on new business and contract amendments within the accounts. A key aspect of the role will be the ongoing provision of advice and guidance to key stakeholders on financial exposure and contractual risk. Flexibility to work on a mixture of pre and post sales commercial matters is essential.
The role will include implementing and maintaining robust contract management processes across accounts, and for proactively managing and reporting key risks and issues. The role requires the introduction, negotiation, conclusion and ongoing maintenance of a number of “Inter-Company Agreements” with customers from across a number of Capita divisions to ensure that robust contractual vehicles are in place to cover new and ongoing services.
This role will routinely involve negotiating clients and third party suppliers on new contracts and amendments to existing contracts to ensure equitable and balanced business relationships can be formed without undue financial or contractual risk to either party. You will also act as a key advisor to the relevant account teams on all general commercial matters, and provide advice on commercial risks with day to day issues. The successful candidate will need to be able to work successfully with minimal supervision and demonstrate a skill for developing commercial solutions and advice through their own initiative.
The candidate must have relevant experience in commercial and contract management together with industry recognised or relevant academic qualifications.
* Negotiation with client and third party suppliers on contracts to ensure the company is not exposed to undue risk.
* To review and advise upon liabilities in new and existing contracts.
* To review where appropriate the pricing of new business/change proposals to verify they are aligned with business/company margin, risk and contingency provisions.
* To escalate issues relating to exposure to commercial risk to the designated authority within the business.
* Negotiate with external and internal clients to identify and eliminate exposure to risk and drive best value for money.
* To support and oversee commercial elements of the change process to ensure that the appropriate pricing and commercial considerations are adhered to.
* Such other duties and responsibilities as may be required of the employee, that are commensurate with their knowledge, skill and experience.
- Proven experience within commercial management/negotiation within a service based environment
* Strong negotiating skills
* The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Commercial/Contract Law
* Contract drafting skills
* Risk management skills
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.