Location: Wimbledon, SW19
Reporting to: Tech Team Lead
Role type: Permanent
Hours of work: 09:00 – 18:00 Monday – Friday
You will be joining a team of talented developers that has a strong focus on customer centricity. You will get a chance to apply your knowledge and skills in both Greenfield and ongoing projects in an Agile environment that will enable Unibet to provide delightful betting experiences to our valuable customers. Unibet believes in the growth and empowerment of our people. We promote an open and proactive culture where our developers and testers are encouraged to learn and contribute in ways outside the usual development work. This can include areas such as participating in different development academies, conferences, public speaking, and leadership among others.
- Work closely with Product Owner, Agile Coach, QA and development Unit members in an agile environment to collaborate and influence new development
- Design, develop and deploy different components with a focus on high availability, low latency and scalability
- Measure and evaluate features and system metrics to continuously improve user experience and service performance
- Develop systems using Java and JVM based technologies
- Be proactive, engage in collaborative work in a cross-functional team
- Must have experience in design and development of distributed, scalable and highly available systems (SOA preferably in Microservices design pattern ,Event Driven Architecture )
- Strong knowledge in Java/J2EE, Spring, Hibernate, JPA, REST ,Enterprise Integration Pattern
- Experience with relational databases and key-value stores
- Good understanding in application server such as Glassfish and Jetty
- An advocate of different agile methodologies: Scrum, Kanban, TDD, BDD, Continuous delivery
- Desirable: Maven, Hudson/Jenkins/GO, Subversion/Git, Linux, Gaming background
- Personal Attributes: Motivate and mentor co-workers, proactively share knowledge & ideas, rapidly obtain information to solve the problem, ask for help in a timely manner when needed, and always stay calm and composed under stress.
- Computer Sciences degree preferred
To apply for this role click on the ‘Apply for this role’ button and complete the short web form, please add a covering letter explaining your motivations for applying and your salary expectations. Our recruitment team will be in touch shortly.
For details on our benefits package please click here