3rd line Support Engineer Job
Capita, FTSE 100 and leading Business Process Outsourcer, has an exciting opportunity for a 3rd Line Technical Support Engineer to join their team in Holborn, London.
You will be providing telephone and hands-on, 3rd Line operational support for incidents and requests primarily for the ORR staff but will on request be available to cover for other Central Government London accounts.
Primarily own and have responsibility of managing infrastructure incidents and requests through to resolution.
Work closely with Capita Central networking, DB and Application management teams to resolve incidents and fulfil requests as required
Manage internal and external 3rd party support parties through to resolution
The individual should be of sufficient technical expertise to quickly adapt to a busy working environment with minimal guidance but maximum initiative.
Although minimal, some national travel may be required. In addition the role is based onsite with the Office of Rail Regulation offering dedicated support to them. This is a permanent opportunity working Monday to Friday with some on call support once a month.
The ideal candidate will have a good mix of skills focussing on major incidents and senior level escalations as well as ensuring that everything is running well on a day to day basis. The main compartments to the role include:
- 3rd line support Microsoft products including Exchange 2010/IIS/ISA/DNS/DHCP/AD/SQL/SharePoint/Lync. Ensuring full system availability to agreed SLA’s
- Build, Configure, Administer, Monitor and support of all servers and infrastructure applications to agreed policies and SLA’s
- Setup and manages availability and capacity via Solar Winds
- Support of all Storage systems (NetApp) and backups
- Netapps SAN administration and Configuration
- Support and monitoring of all backups using NetApp Data Protection Manager
- Liaising with the Service delivery team for second line, architectural support and escalation to vendors
- Working with project managers to deliver projects to agreed design and standards
- Work closely with Technical Lead and Problem manager to resolve root causes
- Carry out the daily morning checklist when assigned to early shifts and close down checklist when assigned to late shifts
- Incident management – Log every call into the SERVICE NOW Call logging system and Proactively manage the open call list in SERVICE NOW
- Maintain overall ownership of user’s issue & service ensuring that they receive resolution within a contracted SLA’s
- Assist 2nd line as required
- Perform regular true-ups, record and maintain Assets
- Management of user VLANs
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues to root cause
- Creating purchase requisitions for IT hardware/software
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by the IT Manager
So seeking applicants with the following:
- Proven 3rd line support experience
- Experience with windows servers.
- Extensive Microsoft Windows Operating Systems experience
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange server, VMWare, SCCM, SAN technology, HP Blade Hardware, SharePoint, Microsoft Lync and Active directory.
- Experience of Windows Office, to include 2003, 2007 & 2010
- Hard Drive encryption experience, to include Bit locker, Point Sec
- Experience/Knowledge of Bomgar or similar
- Experience of working in a professional services environment
- An understanding of IL3 Security in a secure environment
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to changing environment, team player, detail oriented, logical thinker with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate well with internal and external contacts.
- Ability to identify critical issues and deal with or escalate them
- Ability to concentrate on several areas of work at one time, and prioritise their work loads
- Ability to prioritize and deliver service, to agreed service levels, within a diverse and constantly changing technical environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal, organizational and problem solving skills
- Methodical and logical approach with experience of problem solving
- Maintain good working relationships with the customer and all members of IT
- Professional appearance and attitude at all times
- Flexible approach to role
- Highly motivated, willing to continually update knowledge and skill set
- Ability to liaise and communicate with all levels of staff within IT and across the business
- Willing to undergo security checks if successful
If interested apply now to avoid disappointment!
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.