We are looking for a Java developer who has at least 3 years Java experience including Spring, Maven, and JUnit. Experience in developing web applications and web services. Ability to understand refactoring and the principles of good software design.
This a contract post to start immediately and will last until July/August. The contract is working a large prestigious and dynamic organisation. A great opportunity!
* Working alongside the QA Testing team, project managers and customer representatives to capture high level software requirements
* Working alongside the QA Testing team to agree the functional scope of customer requirements
* Providing development estimates for the delivery of defined functional requirements
* Developing application software to satisfy defined functional requirements
* Resolving bugs identified during the software development process
* Regularly refactoring code to ensure simple design
* Participating in daily stand-up meetings to communicate team activities
* Participating in development retrospectives to identify areas of improvement
* Demonstrating software functionality to the QA Testing team, project managers,
* customer representatives and other stakeholders as required
* Investigating new tools, technologies and techniques for the benefit of the Solutions Development Team
* Responding to customer support incidents and requests within agreed SLA periods
* Participating in bid and sales activity as required
* Keeping up to date on industry developments and identifying key technical risks and opportunities for the software development team
Please contact Mags ASAP on 01392 423301
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.