Senior IT Security Engineer
Capita is the UK’s leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. With 64,000 staff and a turnover of £3.9bn, we manage the services for many Government departments and large Public/Private Sector organisations including finance & pensions, IT Services, Software products (such as Capita SIMS, Integra etc), training, call centers, recruitment, and change management to name a few.
Capita IT Enterprise Services is a customer-focused, trusted IT services business providing individual IT services, managed and outsourced IT solutions and is also an award winning value added reseller for public and private sector organisations in local and central government, education, healthcare, financial services, insurance, manufacturing, transport, life & pensions and corporate sectors.
The service portfolio comprises five key areas – Cloud, Applications, End User Services, Networks, Communications, Contact Centres and Technology Solutions. IT Enterprise Services has over nearly 3,000 clients and 4,500 people across more than 50 sites in UK, Ireland and India. Capita Managed IT Solutions, Updata Infrastructure, Network Technology Solutions (NTS) and Solid State Solutions (S3) are part of IT Enterprise Services.
This position is located in the IT Security team under the direct supervision of the Head of IT Security, in Beckenham, Kent. As the Senior IT Security Engineer you will be responsible for establishing the target security and information assurance, infrastructure and architecture, based on organisational policies guidance and industry best practices.
You will work closely with network, security, and application engineers to collaborate on secure solutions. This role would be best suited to someone from a Financial Services background, who understands regulated networks that are prime targets for internet hackers.
- Assess weaknesses in current network security process, systems and tools.
- Assist in the Development of governance documentation for network and server security including policies, standards, procedures and guidelines.
- Approve server and network security additions and changes to the IT environment.
- Recommend improvements to the business process through innovation and automation.
- Provides expertise to manage, maintain and administer Enterprise security hardware, software and applications including Internet Content Filtering, Security Information and Event Monitoring, etc.
- Coordinate with network and application engineering teams to design secure solutions.
- Support the evaluation and acquisition of Information Assurance tools as requested; provide guidance and work leadership to network engineers and other technical staff and may participate in special projects as required.
- Monitor security systems and logs for vulnerabilities and breaches to security.
- Investigate and report Security Incidents.
- Manage SIEM alerts and triggers, Internet Content Filtering policies, etc.
- Maintain an understanding of new technical developments and ensures they are appropriately applied to technical security architecture standards
- Improve cost/performance through the continuing application of new technologies as appropriate
- Experience working in a financial services setting is highly desirable.
- At least one of the following certifications CISSP, CISM, CISA, SABSA, CCSK is essential.
- Familiarity with Internal and External security Assessment engagements
- Strong understanding of Information Security Control Frameworks (ex. COBIT, ISO, ITIL, etc.)
- Excellent understanding of Security Architecture including Firewalls, IDS/IPS, NAC, SIEM, Content Filtering and authentication systems.
- Excellent understanding of Vulnerability & Penetration Assessments
- Excellent understanding of Risk Management and Assessment
- Strong background in Networking and understanding of OSI model
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail, accurate, thorough and timely
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including meeting facilitation and presentations to senior managers
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change, able to work self-directed and with ambiguity
- Team player, able to work with short deadlines in a fast paced, highly complex environment
If you feel like this is a good opportunity for you please feel free to apply.
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.