Desktop Engineer Job Capita, FTSE 100 and Leading Business Process Outsourcer, seeking a Desktop Support Engineer to join their team to provide second line support , resolving incidents and delivering IMAC requests as well as to support equipment sited in
their customer’s domain. Based at Weymouth office and supporting other smaller sites as well ie. Filton, Abbeywood, Broadoak. Hours are generally 8am to 4.30pm Monday to Thursdays and 8am to 1pm Fridays. Some flexible working may be required. Principle
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Second line responsibility for resolving incidents in line with the defined incident management process and to agreed service levels – for both hardware and software
- Liaison with Service Desk and
Lead to ensure appropriate call assignment to other support areas; third party maintenance, business application support etc.
- Undertaking of IMAC activities, including hardware and software installation
- Undertaking Project based
activities in support of both internal and external Project Managers
- Keeping Service Desk updated and informed at all times.
- Keeping Lead informed of any problems or issues arising, escalation as necessary.
- Occasional provision
of second line diagnosis and resolution of incidents and faults within the Region or at the customer’s remote sites. This will involve travelling to customer locations and remote support.
- Occasional provision of IMAC activities within the Region
or at the customer’s remote sites. This will involve travelling to customer locations and remote support.
Key Accountabilities and tasks:
- Call handover as required in line with agreed SLA.
- Troubleshooting hardware – including
desktop PCs, Workstations and associated, peripherals
- Troubleshooting Software – including operating systems and desktop applications
- Rebuilding and configuration of PC’s, applications and peripheral installation.
- Moves, adds,
changes and deletions of the hardware estate to agreed SLA where appropriate.
- Involved in new IT infrastructure implementation projects, moves, adds, changes and deletions to agreed SLA where appropriate.
- Producing documentation in
support of incident resolution and hardware and software installation and configuration
So seeking applicants with the following:
- Proven second line desktop support experience
- Good technical knowledge, skills and hands on
experience in PC hardware and software – including Windows 7, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, MS Lync
- Working knowledge of ITIL, particularly Service Delivery aspects. Training to Practitioner level will be beneficial.
- Good IT Infrastructure understanding/background
- Good troubleshooting, installation and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of WAN/LAN environment and terminology, IT infrastructure and services would be beneficial
- Exemplary organisation and logistical skills
- Excellent team player
- A high energy professional capable of influencing within the IT Services team
- Fexible approach and a sense of teamwork
- Analytical mind who can
bring clarity to difficult situations
- Ability to work well and continue to deliver results under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to establish credibility quickly
- Self-motivated with ability to work
without direct management control
- Demonstrate excellence in oral and written communication.
- Ability to deal with customers / suppliers / peers at all levels in a professional manner
- The ability to communicate with customers
with a wide variety of IT experience is essential together with patience, understanding and responsibility for customer’s problems.
- Possess keen sense of urgency and be prepared to take responsibility for allocated incidents.
- Willing to
travel and to stay away from home as and when requested to suit customer requirements
- Be tolerant and flexible, and adaptable to change
- SC clearance or ability to obtain clearance
If interested apply now to avoid
disappointment! Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.