Are you a software architect or development team lead with a strong track record in helping customers build software solutions to their business problems? If you have a passion for technology and a commitment to delivering results then working for Lockheed Martin could be the career move for you.
WHAT WILL YOUR ROLE BE?
Our Senior Technologists lead software development projects, support our sales team and provide consultancy to our customers. This includes a portfolio of activities such as software architecture and design, leading development teams, hands-on coding, R&D and writing technical proposals.
This is a full software lifecycle role, in which you will oversee projects from the beginning of the sales process right through requirements, design, development and testing to implementation. In addition, as a senior member of the technical staff, you will be expected to provide guidance and mentoring to more junior staff and to identify and introduce new technologies and development practices.
WHO DO WE NEED?
We are looking for someone with a significant, demonstrable background in software development and architecture, who is comfortable liaising with customers in both a delivery and pre-sales context and who has the ability to distill complex requirements into solid technical designs.
You will have:
* A proven track record in leading the delivery of software projects
* Requirements capture experience
* Architecture and design experience (e.g., design patterns, SOLID)
* Pre-sales support experience
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
And ideally experience of a mixture of the following:
* A numerate degree such as Maths, Computer Science or Physics
* .NET development using C# and ASP.NET MVC
* Relational databases such as SQL Server
* Open Source frameworks and tools (e.g., Spring.NET, Castle Windsor, NHibernate)
* Test-Driven Development (TDD)
* Agile delivery (e.g. Scrum)
Knowledge of User Experience design (UX) would be a bonus.
WHAT DO WE DO FOR YOU?
Lockheed Martin is an exciting, challenging and inclusive place to work. We strive to provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our Total Value reward scheme includes:
* Competitive Salary
* Contributory Pension Scheme
* Private Medical Insurance
* 33 Days Annual Leave
* Access to Flexible Benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
This is an opportunity to be part of a first class technical community with the scope to share learning experiences, discover new techniques and test new initiatives.
Please note that due to business expansion, roles currently based at our offices in Inchinnan will be relocated to Skypark in Glasgow later in the year.
If you are interested in applying for this role please click the APPLY button below.
Please ensure you provide us with your current salary, notice period and salary expectations.