Our client is hiring an experienced Software Developer with considerable knowledge of developing scalable distributed web services.
As a Developer you will be working on multiple projects where your expert knowledge will enable you to have a significant impact within their highly talented team by demonstrating your software development and testing knowledge within distributed processing environments and cloud deployments.
- Create and develop server-side applications.
- Work with Open-source collaborators outside Digital Catapult to build a strong development community who will build upon the platform.
- Work with the Cloud Engineers on arriving at simple application deployment.
- Work with Application development engineers to provide high performance, scalable web services.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Solid commercial server side development experience with building large-scale distributed enterprise or hosted systems.
- Strong background in Python, shell scripting, web services and relational databases.
- Extensive experience of software testing and use of test tools to improve quality
- A passion for open-source technologies and ideally a regular contributor to the open-source community.
- Have an appreciation of distributed databases, both relational and non-relational, and how they address storage needs at scale.
- Experience and flexibility with regard to tools, especially Unit testing, Behave, Mocking frameworks, Jira, Jenkins, Bamboo, and Selenium. Build tools such as Ant, Maven.
- Previous experience in an agile environment, especially Scrum, XP, TDD, and BDD.
- Experience in Big Data infrastructures (such as Hadoop, NOSQL Databases), design and compliance domain, analytics and machine learning is a big plus.
- Knowledge of cloud tools and technologies, e.g. AWS.
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
- Full SDLC experience, from requirements capture through to delivery.
- Excellent problem solving and multi-tasking skills, with a creative and flexible attitude especially toward programming languages.
- Be flexible in approach and prepared to gain knowledge as required.
- Desire and ability to share ideas, solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Inventive mind with BSc in Computer Science, Maths, or related discipline.
- Location: Central London.
- Travel: UK.