Desktop Support Engineer
London- with travel to Capita locations across the South of England
The Capita Group Plc is the UK’s leading business process outsourcing company. Our goal is simple – to help our diverse customer base of public and private sector clients improve service to their customers. At Capita we aim to attract, develop and retain talented people. As an employer we seek to ensure we invest in you for the long term. We’ve created an environment which empowers individuals and rewards performance as well as focusing on a healthy work life balance
We are looking to appoint a Desktop Support Engineer to be based within our offices across London (Gresham Street, Fetter Lane and Dean Bradley House), but will be required to travel across Capita Workplace Services offices in the south of the UK. Reporting to the Desktop Team Leader, the successful candidate will provide technical support for infrastructure solutions, focusing on desktop and laptop technologies.
We are therefore looking for a candidate with a proven background within a Desktop Support/IT Support role with excellent knowledge of Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems, excellent verbal and written communication skills and a proven ability to build rapport with users in a similar position- good customer service skills are a must!
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to travel when needed, so an ability to drive is important. Likewise, you must be able to work a shift pattern between the hours of 8am-6pm
- Take ownership of queries, incidents and service requests assigned to the Desktop support queues and follow departmental and Capita procedures for fault resolution.
- Complete approved work requests within the agreed SLA – target to consistently resolve 90%+ calls within SLA, aiming for 98%.
- The installation, configuration and on-going usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment and software.
- Provide user data and application recovery.
- Use diagnostic tools to troubleshoot problems associated with network connectivity and workstation hardware/software faults.
- Familiarise users on basic software, hardware and peripheral device operation.
- Work with vendor support contacts to resolve technical issues within the desktop environment.
- Escalate issues to the relevant person/team, when appropriate, in order to resolve issues within SLA.
- Operates within and enforces Capita desktop standards and guidelines.
- Performs work in compliance within specified warranty requirements and liaise with warranty suppliers to effect warranty repairs.
- Purchasing of authorised hardware and software through the Capita ordering system, adhering to the purchasing procedures.
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.