About the role?
European Live Service Management provides the orchestration layer that enables Sage’s strategic global products to be available online. Alongside this we operate as part of a collaborative internal team, working with development, test and commercial teams to launch, support and evolve those online products.
Due to the success of our function and the demand for our service we have a vacancy for a strong candidate to add their intelligence, ideas, enthusiasm and work ethic to the team.
On a practical level the Live Service Specialist within ELSM ensures that all our services are built to the highest level of resilience, availability and done so in a secure fashion. You’ll monitor the services software and hardware for failures, issues, unplanned changes and performance degradation and develop a service plan with the appropriate teams to alleviate them, embedding change control into all aspects of service delivery. On call and scheduled overtime is expected when work is needed.
The team is a friendly, hardworking, inclusive meritocracy open to new technology and new approaches. Anything that is clever and enables us to remain a world class service is welcomed because we enjoy being good at what we do.
Skills and experience?
If most of the words and experience below combine to describe you, please apply:
Words that need to resonate with you…
People, Technology, Problem Solving, Global, Change, Innovation, Pressure, Achievement, Accountability, Patience, Sage, Influence, Collaboration, Communication, Positive, Trust.
Experience that would be ideal…
Amazon, Redhat, Apache, Ruby on Rails, DNS, TCP/IP, MySQL, some background in software development, Automation (specifically Chef scripts), any experience of supporting online services in a highly available cloud infrastructure.
To recognise the difference you make to our business we commit to rewarding you well! Our fantastic benefits package includes:
- An employer-contributing pension scheme
- 25 days holiday (+ bank holidays) a year increasing with service
- Life Assurance of 4 x annual salary
- Income Protection scheme
- Childcare Vouchers salary sacrifice scheme
- Healthcare Cash Plan which covers over £1,000 of everyday healthcare costs
- Sharesave scheme which is an opportunity to invest in Sage at a discounted price
- Discounted travel insurance, dental insurance, health assessments and travel passes/loans
- Reward Gateway which is an exclusive discount scheme with access to 1000s of High Street and online retailers.