Desktop Support Engineer Job Capita. FTSE 100 and Leading Business Process Outsourcer, is seeking a Desktop Support Engineer to join their team to provide a customer focused service desk, server, desktop support service and telephony service which
resolves technical issues and delivers technical projects to customer’s satisfaction. The role is within the Service Delivery team, which has multiple locations within Capita. The jobholder will be expected to provide assistance to end users and other IT
staff and whilst self-motivated, must be willing to work as a member of a small but tightly knit team. The IT team support the systems (hardware and software), operating systems, employed within Capita that enable all staff to perform their IT and
telephony business functions. Several services are provided by Capita Group / ITS and as part of Service Delivery the role will include providing the interface between our customers and other parts of Capita ITS, managing and resolving faults and
requests. The jobholder will be expected to provide first, second and some third line support to the service desk during the service desk operating hours. As the sites operate 24x7x365, positions within this role require the jobholder to provide 24-hour
on-call support and telephony support on a rota basis. Due to the small scale of the department there will be a requirement at times to assist in the solution of more complex third line support problems and projects. The role will also involve
contributing to the day to day running of the department through regular meetings. So seeking applicants with the following:
- Proven experience in a customer facing support environment, supporting 100-500 users using Microsoft Windows desktop
operating systems and applications.
- Good desktop support experience with telephony exposure
- Familiarity with MS Windows desktop operating systems
- Familiarity with MS Office applications
- Knowledge of Service Desk
- Good knowledge of DHCP, TCP/IP, DNS
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot in-depth and complicated problems
- Sound MS Windows XP, Windows 7 and Office support skills. Other OS an advantage
- Good basic
- Good basic email knowledge
- Exposure to the management of Active Directory
- Avaya voice experience Call Management System
- To be able to diagnose and resolve problems with hardware, software,
networking and telephony queries and problems. This will include resolving problems that the first line support may be unable to resolve and pulling in resources from other technical areas to solve the problem.
- Ability to communicate with users
at all levels
- Ability to work as part of a small close-knit team
- Ability to interface with and manage customers and their expectations, at all levels within the business
- Ability to work on own initiative with an understanding
of how to escalate a problem.
- Strong communication skills
- Team player who can work on their own and well within a team
- Good organisational and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and Customer Service
- Adapts communication styles to suit the situation; Communication is effective in demanding situations.
- Excellent time keeping and attendance.
- Willing to undergo security checks and able to obtain SC clearance if
If interested apply now to avoid disappointment! Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people
regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to
register with us.