Job Title: IT Analyst
Location: South Manchester
Salary: C. £20,000
Due to the company’s increasing success of their financial services group the company are seeking an IT Analyst to assist with the daily and fast moving responsibilities of their IT team. Primarily sitting within the support function the role will also provide an opportunity to get involved with new and on-going IT projects and will report directly to the IT Manager.
This diverse and interesting role will require a technically savvy, enthusiastic, self-motivated individual who possesses the drive to see any issue/incident resolved to a successful conclusion. Often being the first point of contact for internal staff and external customers/clients alike, the successful candidate will also need to be able to communicate confidently, both verbally and written.
Key Technical skills:
- Administration of Microsoft Windows Server (ADUC, file/print, etc.).
- Microsoft Exchange (admin, troubleshooting).
- Microsoft Office 365/Dynamics admin.
- Working technical knowledge of desktop/laptop hardware.
- Good knowledge of Windows desktop Operating Systems (7, 8).
- Support level knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of software.
- Networking: LAN, Wi-Fi, Cat5, patching.
- Data backup and recovery.
- Desirable but not essential: SQL server, Digital PSTN and VOIP telephony.
- Ability to troubleshoot any given issue to its conclusion or otherwise to escalation.
- Professional attitude when interacting with staff and clients alike, face-to-face and over the telephone.
- Confidence to deal directly with external suppliers/vendors.
- Genuine interest in technology and passion for IT.
- Excellent time management and the ability to prioritise tasks based on urgency.
- Able to work individually but also to share relevant knowledge to the team and escalate issues within appropriate timeframes.
- Requirement to work at other group sites on an occasional basis.
- Willingness to learn and absorb new technologies and proactively suggest ways of improving IT services to staff and clients.
Candidates with experience of; Data Support , IT Support, 1st Line Support, IT Helpdesk, IT Helpdesk Support, Helpdesk Support Technician, Helpdesk Analyst, IT Technician, IT Service Desk Technician will also be considered for this role.