Updata, now part of the Capita Group is one of the market leaders in providing the public and private sectors with a complete network solution, by creating, implementing and managing secure, cost effective and high capacity broadband networks.
The Technical Escalations Engineer will be working in a growing team of 3rd line engineers within the technical Operations Centre. The role involves resolving highly complex network / system faults as well as implementing customer requests on Firewalls, DNS, Proxy, Hosted Email and Complex Network Environments.
The successful candidate will be a team player, hardworking, methodical and able to accurately and consistently document their completed works. They must be able to multi task and have a positive “can do” attitude with an effective eye for detail.
* Provide 3rd line support to all customers for both faults and service requests
* Ensure 95% of escalated faults are resolved within the Technical Escalations Team
* Deliver Customer Service Excellence
* Adhere to strict Service Level Agreements for fault resolutions and service requests completions.
* Ensure that the customer is kept informed of the progress of incidents/service requests and the internal systems are kept updated regularly
* Ensure our Configuration Management Database is kept updated (CMDB)
* Manage tickets to meet Key Performance Indicators.
* Provide training, guidance and support to NOC Team Leaders and 1st & 2nd line NOC Engineers
* Assist with testing and evaluation of new technologies, systems, hardware and services to ensure operational readiness.
* Provide technical documentation and work instructions for existing or new services where required
* Complete Low Volume order requests in a timely manner, including updating IP Sche-ma’s, discussing technical requirements with customers and creating configuration to meet the customers’ requirements according to services/products purchased.
* To assist the Technical Design Authority on major projects
* Ensure an in-depth understanding is gained of all networks / customers to be able to resolve or complete any fault or service request submitted
* Identify, liaise and manage faults with 3rd party suppliers eg Cisco TAC
The successful candidate should have a minimum of Cisco CCNA qualification (or equivalent experience) and will have in depth experience of the most of the following;
- Excellent communication skills supporting both customers and peers of varying levels of technical ability
- Extensive experience of Routing Protocols incl. BGP, OSPF
- Extensive experience with TCP/IP protocols
- Experience supporting hosting service (DNS, Proxy Filtering, Firewall Changes, Mail Relays)
- In depth knowledge of Ethernet/L2 switching
- Experience of WAN/LAN infrastructure support
- Firewall support – F5, Cisco FWSM, Cisco ASA, Juniper, Palo Alto, Checkpoint
- Experience with SNMP monitoring products
- Access technologies including SHDSL, ADSL, Wi-Fi etc.
- SIP and VOIP experience
- Unified communication support (MS Lync)
- Experience supporting/working with VLE (eg Moodle)
- Experience working in an ITIL environment and adhering to strict SLA’s
- Experience supporting email (MS Exchange Server, MS Outlook, MS Office 365)
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.