Capita Secure Managed Services based in Chippneham currently require an Application Packager for a permanent position based in Chippenham. The Application Packager (Packager) will be part of a team to support application packaging using approved toolsets following existing standards and processes. Packaging will primarily consist of building packages in MSI and/or APP-V formats and complete initial testing before forwarding for QA. The QA of other team member’s work will be a required task. This role will have responsibility for scheduling work across multiple customer contracts, contributing to and enforcing standards.
- Assist in the application discovery process.
- Create application packages (MSI and/or APP-V) using an approved toolset on customer and/or on Capita sites.
- QA releases from other packagers.
- Assist in maintaining and governing packaging standards and processes across the business.
- Schedule work and report on application packaging activities
- Must have prior experience with using a packaging toolset for packaging.
- Must have packaged applications for Windows 7 OS and Citrix platforms.
- Must understand and have used some of the following: Windows Command Shell Script, VBScript, and Powershell.
- Expertise in virtualizing applications through sequencing.
- Must understand a standard packaging process and workflow.
- Must understand MSI packaging best practices and standards.
- Must have an understanding of software deployment leveraging Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
- Must have knowledge of desktop deployments for Windows platforms
- Either obtained an appropriate qualification in Higher Education (e.g. University degree or HND), or should have demonstrated equivalent ability through practical experience in a related area.
- Working knowledge of ITIL, particularly Service Delivery aspects. ITIL Foundation Certificate preferred.
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.