This is a job opportunity within Capita, the UK’s leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. With 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India; we manage the services for many Government departments and large Public/Private Sector organisations including their recruitment & HR, IT Services, training, call centres, operations, and change management to name a few.
This team deals with all second line faults, supporting the customers via a remote access link, liaising with 1st and 3rd line teams
The Desktop Engineer role comprises the following requirements:
- Investigate and diagnose/resolve Incidents and Service Requests
- Follow procedures in line with company policy (i.e. Local Procedures or ISO20000-1 defined processes) and suggest and follow-up improvements in line with CSIP
- Provide technical support to users via desk side and remote methods
- To provide technical support to external/customer engineering staff
- Provide information to maintain/update the Configuration Management Database
- Recommend improvements in process, training, and engineering / test environment
- Strong Microsoft Windows 7 / Office skills and knowledge (in a corporate environment), including the install/config and troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of Hardware (PC, Server)
- Excellent customer facing skills and the ability to communicate clearly
- Able to manage and supervise others to achieve technical solutions
- ITIL knowledge
- Experience of using a call logging system
- Knowledge of software deployment systems such as SCCM
- Network diagnosis skills
Desirable skills include experience with Apple Mac OS’s and a working knowledge of Siemens Hi-Path 4K System.
If you feel this is a good opportunity for you please feel free to apply.
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.