To have a working knowledge of contract law to provide advice and guidance on contractual risk and commercial viability of contracts to the Commercial Lead and or Updata/NMS Directors.
To review primarily existing contracts and where workload allows new contracts (Commercial Sales), both with the client and suppliers, to advise on current and future relationships with respect to financial exposure and contractual risk.
To negotiate with the client and third party suppliers on issues arising from existing contracts and amendments to contracts to ensure equitable and balanced business relationships can be maintained without undue risk to either party.
To construct when required contract clause amendments and appropriate pricing and operational delivery schedules to define the nature and extent of contracts. The incumbent will need highly developed verbal and written communication skills, together with good numeracy skills and MS Office product knowledge.
Key advisor to the Commercial Lead and Business Operations team on all generalised commercial matters relating to the Updata/NMS Client base..
To provide advice to the Commercial Lead and operational managers on the commercial risks associated with day to day issues that arise during the operation of the service.
* To provide Contract Management of the existing Updata/NMS client base with a key focus on tracking obligations (Updata/NMS & Client) and dealing with any Commercial matters arising to reduce/mitigate risks and minimise revenue leakage.
* Negotiation with client and third party suppliers on contracts to ensure the company and any customers (where the company is prime supplier) are not exposed to undue risk
* To review and advise upon liabilities in existing contracts.
* To review where appropriate the pricing of new business/change proposals to verify they are aligned with business/company margin, risk and contingency provisions.
* To escalate issues relating to exposure to commercial risk to the designated authority within the business.
* Negotiate with external and internal clients to identify and eliminate exposure to risk and drive best value for money.
* To support and oversee commercial elements of the change process to ensure that the appropriate pricing and commercial considerations are adhered to.
* Such other duties and responsibilities as may be required of the employee, that are commensurate with their knowledge, skill and experience.
* To remain focused on business requirements and annual business outturn
* Assist other business functions as appropriate
* Be available as a point of contact in escalation procedure
* Significant experience within a service based environment preferably within a Networks and Telecoms environment
* The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
* Excellent leadership skills
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
* Experienced in delivering presentations to internal and external customers
* Commercial Law
* Negotiating skills
* Contract drafting skills
* Risk management skills
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.