We are seeking an experienced Linux Systems Administrator (Hadoop, Debian, MySQL, Couchbase, RabbitMQ) with an interest in Big Data applications and high-availability, highly scalable architectures. Merchenta’s behavioural advertising platform is used in over 40 countries, by major brands including Microsoft, ASOS, Mazda and many others.
We work with a wide range of technologies, including:
- Percona MySQL
- Java, Scala, Groovy, Python
This is a hands-on sys admin role which includes collaboration with and supervision of a team of SA/DevOps in the delivery of:
- Linux server administration and deployment using automated toiols (eg Ansible, Puppet)
- Hadoop cluster administration
- Couchbase cluster administration
- Performance tuning of MySQL/Hadoop/Linux
- Production monitoring and support
- Deployments and builds
- Configuration/capacity planning
- Platform monitoring and analysis
- Report/SQL/HQL development
This role reports to the CTO and may involve occasional European travel.
Key skills required
- In-depth knowledge of Linux and networking (3 years or more)
- Experience working with multiple Servers in different configurations and environments
- Familiarity with many or all of our technologies
- Ability to prioritise operational and DevOps activities within a larger DevOps team
- An interest in learning new technologies and skills
- Good spoken/written English (other European languages are helpful, but not essential)
The role brings with it a competitive salary, generous holiday allowance and eligibility for share options after a qualifying period. We offer flexible working hours and the opportunity to learn new technologies.