Commercial Manager, London
£50000-£65000pa plus bonus, car and benefits
We are seeking a Commercial Manager to enhance our team to contract manage Smart DCC ‘External Service Provider’ contracts for Relevant Service Capability. The position is to work for DCC, a part of the FTSE 100 outsourcing company Capita.
The Government’s vision is for every home in Great Britain to have smart energy meters. The Smart Metering Implementation Programme takes an energy supplier-led approach to roll-out an estimated 53 million smart electricity and gas meters to domestic and small non-domestic properties in Great Britain by 2020. The role of the DCC is to provide communication services between smart meters and the business systems of energy suppliers, network operators and other authorised service users. To achieve this, the DCC will put in place the necessary shared data and communications infrastructure.
- Manage the commercial relationship with Capita Business Units and other third parties (which provide capability to Smart DCC), ensuring project delivery, performance and business improvement to defined SLAs and KPIs.
- Negotiate commercial contracts or contract changes as necessary.
- Foster productive relationships with service providers, colleagues and stakeholders in order to energise and influence others to get the job done and deliver great results.
- Optimise engagement and communication between service providers and Smart DCC team for mutual benefit.
- Report on the status of the relationships and plans to Commercial Director, including co-ordination of regular service provider reviews to evaluate performance KPIs and other metrics.
- Management of escalation path into service provider for issue resolution.
- Act as the primary commercial contact for relevant service providers and serve as their advocate – be the ‘go to’ person for the contract.
Skills and Experiences Essential
- Commercial, analytical and technical aptitude/competence: ability to make sound business adjustments with an understanding of the commercial (and other) impact of one’s own decision making.
- Communication and presentation skills: ability to convey message to different audiences in appropriate manner/method and deliver the desired outcome.
- Management and organizational skills: ability to handle effectively multiple concurrent work streams.
- Focus and thoroughness: ability to consume large quantity of information whilst maintaining attention to detail.
- Negotiation skills: ability to deliver appropriate terms for Smart DCC
- Influencing skills: ability to develop effective working relationships, engendering a collaborative style, with the ability to create trust and confidence.
- MS Office skills especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint (with Project also useful).
- IT or telecoms industry experience
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.