PMO Coordinator – London/Home-Based – 6 month fixed-term contract – Competitive Salary Offered
Are you interested in a contract opportunity with one of the largest and most successful business process outsourcing organisations in the UK?
Capita IT Services is a trusted IT services provider for more than 3,800 customers across all public and private sectors, one of the largest in the UK.
As part of a large IT platform migration programme, Capita are looking to recruit a PMO Coordinator to improve the planning and delivery process by collecting and maintaining data in a consistent form on an interim 6 month contract. This role is primarily based in London but could also be home-based.
The role requires the provision of support and guidance on portfolio, programme and project management processes, procedures, tools and techniques. Support includes definition of portfolios, programmes, and projects; advice on the development, production and maintenance of business cases; time, resource, cost and exception plans, and the use of related software tools. Tracking and reporting of programme/project progress and performance are also covered, as is the capability to facilitate all aspects of portfolio/ programme/ project meetings, workshops and documentation.
To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must be able to demonstrate the following:
- PMO/Project/Programme coordination experience
- Experience working with MS Project
- Strong knowledge of project governance, and related project management reporting
- Working knowledge of Project Lifecycle methodology e.g. PRINCE2
In addition, the following would be highly desirable but are not essential:
- PRINCE2 or P30 Practitioner accreditation
We are looking for the following core competencies to be demonstrated:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working with key internal and external stakeholders; confident in negotiating and influencing at all levels
- Excellent time management and organisation skills; able to perform a broad range of complex technical or professional work activities with strict deadlines
Please note; any offer of employment made by Capita will be subject to the satisfactory completion of referencing, basic disclosure and financial probity checks.
If you are interested in bringing your expertise to our project team as an interim PMO Coordinator please do not hesitate to apply with you CV by following the appropriate link.
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.