Purpose: We are looking for a talented .NET Developer to join our expanding Team at Ricardo-AEA. We need skills to help us develop a range of bespoke applications based principally on C#, but also VB.NET. Ricardo-AEA build desktop, mobile and web portal solutions that support high profile projects for our public and private sector customers. Our systems must be secure, accessible and standards compliant for our Government and Agency clients. We need a flexible individual who can adapt to the changing needs of the projects we deliver.
This role will require involvement in the development of solutions, maintaining existing systems (both customer facing and internal back-office), resolving bugs and testing systems and modules prior to deployment. The ideal candidate will have a solid track record in developing desktop applications. An organised individual with configuration management, unit testing, and peer reviewing experience will help us grow and develop our data management capability.
* Proven experience .NET development experience (C#, ASP, VB)
* .NET v4 +
* NET webforms/ MVC4/5
* Proven experience and knowledge of Winforms, WPF
* Knowledge and experience of XML, XSLT
* Knowledge and understanding of RESTful web API development/ web services (WCF)
* Experience using Telerik controls
* TFS/ GIT source control
* Solid understanding of object oriented (OO) concepts
* Track record in functional and unit testing
* Troubleshooting and bug resolution
* Demonstrable good coding practice and ability to perform code reviews
* Good communication skills, able to be the informed consultant and engage with clients
* Adaptable and flexible to changing needs of the business
* MVVM PRISM framework
* Database development experience (SQL server 2005,2008r2,2012,2014)
* IIS 6, 7
* MS SharePoint 2007 and 2010
* An understanding of W3C web standards and accessibility guidelines
* General systems administration and networking experience an advantage but not essential
* TDD (Test Driven Development) and Scrum methodologies
* Android and/or iOS development experience would be a distinct advantage
* Educated to degree level in a relevant subject
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo-AEA.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. Ricardo-AEA is an equal opportunities employer
To apply for this role please click the APPLY button.