Reporting directly into the Group IT Manager, the IT Support Analyst will be tasked with providing proactively and timely IT support and work very closely with end users globally.
The role is broad and involves anything from desktop, systems and phone support through to rebuilding computers and Skype support.
- First Line Desktop Support – responding to end user support issues, via a number of sources – phone calls, email – ensuring issues are dealt with efficiently and effectively.
- Moves and Changes
- Exchange server – Management of Active Directory, user groups, distribution groups etc.
- Provide telephony support (Avaya) – Conference calls, Update of users / Voicemail and manage support requests
- Mobile Phones set up
- Provide 1st line database support (CRM System) and manage support requests
- Setting up and disabling user accounts – Set up of new user accounts & required hardware
- Rebuilding computers
- Ensuring scheduled backups are completed and tested periodically
- Installing new software and devices – Maintaining desktop/laptop hardware & software
- Support of the companies printing infrastructure, including keeping consumables up to date.
- Internet / Intranet – Updating content, office locations
- Providing support for Skype and conference calls
- Assist with internal projects as a key resource
- Create and maintaining user guides for internal systems
- Troubleshoot and provide support for candidate and client job boards
- Email signature changes and amendments
The Support Analyst represents the face of IT to the business and must instil confidence that their issue or request is in capable hands. Furthermore, the incumbent must excel at prioritisation and managing their time across often multiple pieces of work. They must have the ability to remain calm and focussed in stressful situations and carefully manage the expectations of users. Excellent communication skills are key to ensure great customer service is delivered.
Technical Knowledge required:
- MTA or MCSA qualified (Ideally)
- Microsoft Windows 7, 8
- MS Office (preferably 2010 & 2013)
- VOIP phone system experience, ideally Avaya
- General Print and Multifunctional device support
- Proficient mobile and smart phone knowledge across multiple brands
- Basic understanding of PC networking
Beneficial experience/skills – but not essential
An understanding of the following:
- Microsoft Server 2008, 2012
- Windows 8 and office 365
- Microsoft Exchange 2010, 2013
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008, 2012
- AD/DNS/DHCP/Group Policy
- Understanding of Cisco networking
- Great customer service skills and experience working with demanding end users
- Exceptional Interpersonal Skills – written and oral
- Very strong problem solving skills
- Ability to deliver to tight timescales
- Team player, enthusiastic and committed
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise effectively
- Practical yet innovative
- Flexible attitude to work with respect to demanding business requests
iKonnect Global Solutions is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.