Capita Case and Record Solutions are currently looking for a Business Analyst to join their team in Bury St Edmunds. The Business Analyst will liaise with key stakeholders to elicit, analyse, communicate and validate customer requirements. Determine the most appropriate solutions, considering factors such as existing practice, legacy infrastructure, business process flows and business sector trends to provide real business value and document solutions/solution design in the form of functional specifications for development and test teams to work from. To work proactively with customers to identify opportunities for the Company to deliver increased business benefit with existing and new solutions.
Key Result Areas:
* Gather and manage requirements and undertake detailed business and systems process analysis to fully understand the customer’s requirements;
* Identify, evaluate and impact options and propose logical and innovative solutions;
* Document solutions in the form of impact analysis, story cards, technical functional specifications or other documentation as required;
* Carry out estimation of effort for analysis activities and co-ordinate the estimation of effort across the project;
* Facilitate collaboration across the project team to ensure the impact of any solution is fully considered and addressed;
* Liaise closely with the customer to ensure proposed solutions are fully understood and signed off where appropriate;
* Provide analysis input to support issues and ensure all issues are tracked and reported in a timely manner;
* Push boundaries on customer’s requirements and industry standards in provisioning a solution;
* Participate in project planning, team meetings, reviews, release planning, demonstrations and other meetings as required;
* Produce quality products to specification, time and budget;
* Mentor analysis activities of other team members;
* Work proactively with the customer to identify opportunities for the Company to propose enhancements and new solutions to more effectively meet business demands;
* Contribute to customer meetings and workshops and produce checkpoint reports as necessary
* Previous experience of understanding and documenting complex business processes and customer requirements;
* A proven track record of business/systems analysis within a software development environment;
* Ability to quickly assimilate business knowledge and logically interpret solutions in the form of functional specifications;
* Excellent analytical skills; the ability to view a problem from different angles, to formulate recommendations and to support any chosen solution with a reasoned and persuasive argument;
* Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills; the ability to facilitate meetings, explain complex business problems to a wide audience and demonstrable experience of writing functional specifications;
* Strong technical analysis and design skills are essential with at least five years demonstrable experience of the following:- Requirements & Acceptance Criteria, Wireframe Storyboards, Wireframe Storyboard Logical Derivation Tables, Business Process Models, Definition of Processes, Tasks & Actions and Logical Data Model & Logical Data Dictionaries;
* Experience of Workflow Design, Physical Derivation Table, Physical Data Model & Data Dictionary and Logical to Physical Mapping is desirable.
Qualifications and Knowledge
* Good class degree in Computing / Information Technology (e.g. BSc, minimum 2:1) or equivalent;
* ISEB Diploma in Business Analysis desirable;
* Strong knowledge of waterfall and agile software development methodologies;
* A good understanding of at least one design methodology;
* Must be able to demonstrate a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products;
* Good knowledge of application programming, database and system design;
* Excellent working knowledge of analysis and design techniques..
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.