Job Description: Senior Project Manager
Project Office Manager
Type of position
Cloud Services Solution Delivery
The role of Senior Project Manager is responsible for the deployment of medium to large Enterprise Hosting and ICT Solutions. The projects are varied; ranging from intricate 5 server solutions to multi-site pan European deployments consisting of 100’s of servers and associated networking equipment.
Some large ICT programmes may cover multiple business units and third parties and will require you act in a programme management role.
This role is responsible for the planning, delivery and documentation of NTTE’s customer projects and programmes. You will work closely with designated technical resources in order to finalise design and provide an accurate forecast of delivery to customers. You are ultimately responsible for the effective delivery of the solution and for the setting and maintaining of customers’ expectations.
You will also be required to provide supervision and mentoring of junior project team members and their projects acting in a programme management role.
• Timely delivery of Customer Solutions.
• Maintaining customer relationship and communication during the project life cycle
• Organised interaction with other company employees and outsourced warm-hands personnel to maintain optimum working relations.
• Assist in the development of Project documents and templates.
• Produce project management documentation deliverables such as PID, Gantt charts, Quality plans, etc to a high standard.
• Conform to quality and project standards set by NTTE Management.
• Effective management of the expectations of key stakeholders such as the Sales person and the Customer
• Mentor less experienced members of the Project team
• Undertake reporting activities for their project portfolio and team as directed.
• Any other duties required by the Project Office Manager or Engagement Director which is reasonably with the scope of this role.
The person in this position will:-
• Report to the Project Management Office Manager or their delegate for day-to-day activities and project assignments.
• Co-ordinate tasks with NTTE personnel across Europe, but mainly in the UK.
• Manage the delegation of tasks to 3rd party suppliers
• Provide escalation for project issues to relevant business sponsors
• Will supervise other UK project managers and project assistants in the context of a project team.
Standard, all staff (NTTE – UK):
Address verification, credit referencing (CCJ’s), Directorships/conflict of interest, Employment references (3 years), media search, Education verification (highest education), ID verification, full analysis of results against disclosure documents, money laundering check, disqualifications, Character references, Line manager interviews, FSA register/Bank of England suspected terrorist list, work permit validation (if applicable), passport check, Overseas credit check (if applicant has spent time overseas or any time in the last 3 years or holds citizenship outside UK), Overseas criminal check (if applicant has spent time overseas or any time in the last 3 years or holds citizenship outside UK), signed criminal declaration.
Enhanced – role/team specific (NTTE – UK)*
*(please delete as appropriate – please consult your HR contact as needed):
• Professional membership/affiliations (i.e. CIMA, Prince2, ITIL, CIPD)
About NTT Europe
NTT Europe is a wholly-owned subsidiary of NTT Communications, which is the international and long distance service arm of NTT (Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation), one of the largest telecommunications companies in the world (ranked 31st in the Global Fortune 500 list of 2010).