Capita SIMS is part of the Capita Group, a FTSE100 company. SIMS develops and markets MIS software for Schools in the UK and abroad.
The role is based in Bedford, but there may be an occasional requirement to travel. The SIMS Solutions department covers Development, Product Management and Partners. We have approx. 150 staff including 30 offshore split between Product, Project Management, Development, Test and Business Analysis.
The project management environment is based on DSDM Atern, with software delivered using Scrum and Kanban.
The Project Manager role is responsible for all aspects of the delivery of the solution. As well as providing high-level management direction to the project team(s), the role is focused on managing the working environment in which the solution is evolving. The Project Manager co-ordinates all aspects of management of the project at a high level, but in line with the Atern concept of empowerment, the Project Manager is expected to leave the detailed planning of the actual delivery in sprints of the product(s) to the Solution Architect and members of the Solution Development Team.
Purpose of role:
The Project Manager role is delivery-focused. It is vital that the Project Manager takes responsibility throughout the duration of the project. This must include both business and technical delivery aspects of the project, from establishing the Foundations of the project through to the Deployment of the solution.
* Communicating with senior management and the project governance authorities (Business Sponsor, project board, steering committee etc) with the frequency and formality that they deem necessary
* High-level project planning and scheduling
* Monitoring and tracking progress against the baselined project plans
* Managing risks and any issues as they arise, escalating to senior business or technical roles as required and proposing solutions where necessary
* Managing the overall configuration of the project
* Motivating the teams to meet their objectives
* Managing business involvement within the Solution Development Teams
* Handling problems escalated from the Solution Development Teams
* Coaching the Solution Development Teams when handling difficult situations
* Provide leadership to the team and act as a role model within the programme
* Experienced in successful Enterprise Agile project delivery
* Has great facilitation and communication skills
* Proven experience of managing risks and issues effectively with projects
* Good leadership skills
* Experienced in producing and monitoring project and release plans
* Experience of leading both onshore and offshore teams
* Experienced in facilitating workshops with business stakeholders and development teams to improve understanding and performance e.g Release Planning, Retrospectives etc.
* Experienced in educating and coaching team members and business stakeholders in Agile principles and practices
* Has developed a truly effective and collaborative team culture
* Extensive stakeholder management experience
* Experience of working within matrix management
* Experience of working in a software delivery organisation
* Knowledge of one or more Agile project management frameworks, preferably DSDM Atern
* Able to relate to and communicate with both business and technology people
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.