Job Title: IT Support Assistant
Location: Chelsea Harbour, SW10
Salary: £17k to £19k dependent on experience, immediate start.
The company is an award winning media agency and a great opportunity for an enthusiastic IT Support Assistant has just become available. If you’re a hands-on IT professional who thrives in high-energy, fast-paced environments and you’re looking to take on a varied IT Support role in a friendly media Company, then this could be the right job for you!
You will be working alongside the IT Manager, providing 1st line support to resolve all user IT and telephone issues within tight timescales.
You will need excellent communication and prioritisation skills, as well as being self-motivated, helpful, confident and organised. The ability to recognise and respond to a user’s requirements and priorities without reference to jargon is an absolute must.
In order to be successful in the day-to-day activities of this role, you’ll need to have experience of the following under your belt:
- The provision of 1st line support to 60 users including some remote workers
- Managing software and hardware updates, upgrades and migrations
- Maintaining server infrastructure – located onsite, offsite and in the cloud
- Maintaining email systems
- Monitoring backups and anti-virus systems
- Managing telephone requirements including company mobiles and tablets
- Ensure websites are 100% available on our cloud based infrastructure
- Monitoring and reconfiguring the network, firewalls and VPN as necessary
- Keeping IT documentation and training material up to date
- Perform other ad-hoc tasks as required
Previous exposure to the following technologies would be very helpful:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 – 2012
- Mac OS X 10.6 – 10.9
- Ubuntu Server (CLI based)
- Microsoft Windows 8
- Microsoft Office 2010, 2011 for Mac & 2013
- Adobe Creative Suite 5
- General Networking – TCP/IP, Switching, Routing, Firewalls, Wi-Fi
- VoIP Phone Systems
- Active Directory, DNS and DHCP
- Amazon Web Services
- Basic HTML, CSS, PHP and MySQL
- Symantec Backup Exec 2014
- Kerio Mail Server & Mimecast
Please note that due to the anticipated high volume of qualified applications, we’ll next communicate only with those we invite to interview. No agencies please.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; 1st Line Support Technician, IT Helpdesk Support, IT Support Analyst, IT Support, IT Helpdesk Support, 1st Line Support, Helpdesk Support Technician, Helpdesk Analyst, IT Technician, IT Service Desk Technician will also be considered for this role.