Job Title: ICT Support Officer
Reports to: Head of ICT
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with a broad range of technical skills who is looking for a challenging role to develop those skills.
The candidate will be required to co-ordinate the provision of first and second line ICT Support Services to all users of the Alpha Hospital’s network. The role will be primarily based at Alpha’s Woking site but will on occasion extend to other Alpha sites as dictated by service requirements.
The candidate will have an excellent understanding and commitment to good customer service. They will also be a positive and pro-active individual, able to work as part of a team or independently, acting on their own initiative.
• To act as the first point of contact for all ICT software and hardware fault calls
• Manage and priorities technical support workload providing IT Support & Implementation Services to all users of Alpha Hospital’s range of IT Hardware and Software
• Provide general help desk telephone support including support of all Microsoft Office products.
• Provide help desk and technical support to Alpha’s other sites during times of increased work load, or to cover annual leave
• Install new hardware and software for Alpha users as instructed by the IT Manager
• Ensure all desktop PC’s are kept up to the current patch level
• Add and remove user email accounts on mail server
• Configure email accounts on desktop PC’s within user profiles
• Undertake basic administration of Alcatel phone system. (Training will be given)
• Support CCTV system for basic problem resolution. Escalate complex support issues to the third party support company
• Support door security system for basic problem resolution. Escalate complex support issues to the third party support company
• Create security ID badges using security badge system
• Support Security Fob System – adding new fobs to the system, programming and changing permissions on existing fobs
• Order and maintain stock of printer toner cartridges
• Support photocopiers and liaise with the leasing company to manage fault resolution and facilitate meter readings
• Specify and Source ICT hardware and stock as directed by line managers
• Be able to provide meaningful instruction to users at their technical level of understanding, and be able to advise users on best practice (E.g. File management and Storage issues)
• Change backup tapes and ensure all data is backed-up on a regular schedule.
• Update & maintain asset register of ICT hardware
• Carry out network audits such as asset location and security checks
• Ensure that all software installations at Alpha comply with the End User License Agreements
• Take delivery, document and place in store new ICT equipment and ICT consumables
• Move and relocate ICT hardware such as PC’s, printers and phones where required
• Other tasks relevant to role of First Line Technical Support Officer as specified by Head of ICT
• Adhere to all Alpha Hospitals Limited company policies, protocols and procedures
To take all possible precautions to safeguard the welfare and safety of staff, patients, visitors and the public by implementing all policies and procedures relating to security