Would you like to join ECS, recently named as the 15th fastest growing UK technology firm on the high-profile 2014 Sunday Times Tech Track 100?
ECS, an industry leading Professional Services company are looking to hire an experienced Security Consultant in Manchester to provide end-to-end IT security solutions, including architecture/design, process creation and development and basic project management, all in line with industry good practice
Role: Security Consultant
Founded in 2008, ECS has quickly established itself as a fast growing, thriving IT consultancy and services company for enterprise clients. With a relentless focus on service quality and delivery that customers trust and depend upon, the company has experienced rapid and profitable growth year-on-year.
As a Security Consultant in Manchester for ECS you will have Key Responsibilities which include:
- Recommend end-to-end IT security solutions, including architecture/design, process creation and development and basic project management, all in line with industry good practice.
- Work individually and as part of a team to carry out end-to-end delivery of IS services and solutions.
- Produce and present clear and consistent technical, management and commercial documentation.
- Identify and clarify client challenges and opportunities.
- Assess core capabilities within a client IS function.
- Recommend specific areas and approaches for quick wins and longer term business improvement.
- Confidently scope complex and critical projects as well as (high level and detailed) deliverables.
- Compile total cost of ownership and return on investment models for outline business cases.
- Provide advice and guidance around IT security, across organisational and governance teams.
- Ensure regular, clear and diligent communications with all project stakeholders and within the team.
- Act as a mentor to staff members within multiple disciplines.
- Regularly undertake complex and/or critical consultative engagements, to a senior management level.
Skills & Experience, Essential:
As a Security Consultant in Manchester for ECS you will have previous experience in:
- Experience of at least two of the following areas: IT/IS Governance/Operational Models, Demand & Portfolio Management, Process Maturity/Control, Performance Management Dashboards & KPI’s, Security Monitoring, Vulnerability Management, Security Architecture, Threat Intelligence, Risk and Compliance Management, PCI DSS, ISO 27001 and Testing Strategy.
- In depth experience of and certification in at least one core IT area (Risk and Controls; Security Architecture; Security Monitoring; and Vulnerability and Compliance) and knowledge of the relevant tools (for example Splunk and ArcSight for Security Monitoring).
- Significant experience working in an enterprise business environment.
- Building or maintaining IT security solutions or services in a large enterprise/service provider environment.
- Analysing overall requirements, scoping projects & recommending suitable solutions and approaches.
- Proven experience on a business critical project, working across multiple IT functions.
- Capturing and aligning business requirements, functional requirements and technical solutions.
- Excellent commercial acumen – Alignment of business requirements/metrics and the relevant solutions
- Coaching and mentoring staff within multiple disciplines.
- Proven complex consultative engagements.
- Workshop design & facilitation.
- Recognised expertise in exploitation of IT security good practices for service improvement.
Skills & Experience, Desirable:
As a Security Consultant in Manchester for ECS it would be beneficial if you had experience in:
- Expert knowledge of marketplace
- Strong customer relationships development experience, both internal & external
- Proven background in managing and delivering to customer expectations
- Leadership within senior business management environments
- Excellent awareness of all related industry best practice areas
- Recognised expertise across multiple solution areas
- Strong background in both service management and architectural methodologies.
- Degree or equivalent experience
- CISSP certified, Associate Membership of the IISP (or equivalent)
ECS clients receive outstanding service with a personal touch, blending a positive customer experience with the expertise and professionalism that delivers remarkable value to some of the biggest, most demanding and heavily regulated businesses. ECS provides services in the following areas:
- Programme Delivery
- End User Computing
- IT Consultancy
- Data Centre
- IT Security
ECS has over 350 employees, a growing pool of contracted Associates, and is headquartered in Glasgow, with offices in Edinburgh, Leeds, London, Pune and Johannesburg.
With a significant and increasing pipeline of work, we are looking to recruit highly talented, ambitious and motivated individuals to join us on our journey. It’s an exciting time to join ECS and a great place to work. If you have the skills and experience as stipulated above, can demonstrate a strong level of achievement in your career and want to join a thriving solutions driven organisation where you can continue to develop your skills, we would like to hear from you. Suffice to say, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with your experience and will provide appropriate training to assist you in achieving your personal goals.
Please click on the apply now button and forward your CV for immediate consideration.
We are an equal opportunities employer. It is our policy to promote an environment free from discrimination, harassment and victimisation.
Please note our fraud prevention process relating to all job applications
Fraud prevention databases have been established for the purpose of allowing employers to share data on their employment fraud cases. Should any investigation identify fraud or the commission or any other offence by you when applying or during your employment with ECS, we will record the details of this on the relevant fraud prevention databases. This information may be accessed from the UK and other countries and used by law enforcement agencies, other employers and potential employers to prevent fraud.