We founded Huddle with a single aspiration: to help people work better together.
We believe that true collaboration knows no barriers. People should be able to work easily with each other irrespective of whom they work for, where they are based, the language they communicate in or the technology they choose to use.
We believe that true collaboration means more than just file sharing. It’s about delivering the right information to the right people and giving them all the tools they need to achieve their goals in one place.
We believe that true collaboration is about actions not words. It’s about actually getting stuff done, not just talking about getting it done. Fewer status updates, more completed projects.
We believe that you deserve the best: ease of use, security, value, support and commitment to your success.
We’re building the most trusted network for secure cross-organization collaboration in the cloud. For your business. For your team. For you.
Established in 2006, with offices in London and San Francisco, Huddle is the leader in cloud collaboration and content management for the enterprise.
Huddle is used by more than 100,000 organizations worldwide, including Disney, AKQA, HTC and Kia Motors, to securely manage projects, share files and collaborate with people inside and outside of their business.
Huddle can be accessed online, on desktops via Microsoft Office applications, on the move with BlackBerry, iPhone and iPad apps. It is currently available in 15 languages including English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian and Japanese.
Simply: if SharePoint was built today, they would’ve built Huddle.
Huddle is a truly unique company. Our ambition is to transform how people work. We do this by providing next-generation content collaboration for government and enterprise. Huddle is where teams access, share and work on content internally or externally. Teams of any size work more efficiently by huddling together within an online secure cloud service accessed via web browsers, desktop or mobile devices.
Working at Huddle, you’re surrounded by people who want to be part of an exceptional team, where excellence is noticed, encouraged and innovation applauded. In fact our developers have 20% innovation time for OSS. We have helped hundreds of charities and NPOs through the Huddle Foundation. Co-headquartered in London and San Francisco and with offices in New York City, Huddle’s customers include household names such as Beats by Dre, AKQA, Unilever, P&G and KIA Motors.
The company is privately held and backed by venture capital firms DAG Ventures, Eden Ventures, Matrix Partners and Jafco Ventures. More information can be found at www.huddle.com and to see some Huddlers, watch our video at http://bit.ly/11UoRtr. Huddle transforms the way you work.
About the job:
Well funded and growing quickly, Huddle is looking for a supremely talented, motivated and dedicated Lead Desktop Developer to join its exceptional team.
Reporting to the Head of Development, and working as part of an Agile development team this role is based at our Aldgate office. Our engineering team includes a number of key members of the London .Net User Group and regular presenters on the conference circuit.
• Design and develop well-architected, performant and robust Windows and OSX desktop applications
• Work with the architecture team to define Huddle’s platform strategy
• Work as a member of a cross functional team comprised of C# Developers, UI Developers and QA Engineers
• Work across the entire product life cycle from concept, design, build and test to deployment and dev-ops.
• Deliver timely projects via the provision of development estimates.
• Provide technical direction, take initiative to reduce technical debt.
• Lead by example, encourage the highest coding standards, insist on top-quality code reviews.
• Lead your team to meet its commitments, identify and remove impediments
• Line management responsibility for those in your team.
• Ensure your team have a strong understanding of Huddle’s evolving application architecture
• Encourage pair programming where reasonable, mentor other developers
• Work closely with other leads to share knowledge and ensure an appropriate level of cross-team consistency
• Experience working in a team in an agile development environment using scrum as the development methodology
• In-depth understanding of SOLID principles and their practical application
• Excellent experience in developing object-oriented applications in C# .NET
• An awareness and appreciation of cross-platform development and associated issues
• Working knowledge with CI processes (eg: TeamCity), TDD and the best practises required for continuous delivery
• Experience in a main-stream version control system, ideally GIT
• Xamarin.Mac and Mono (on OSX)
• HTML5 and Knockout
• Makefiles, Xcode, WebKit and OSX proxies
• FS-Events / Finder / Spotlight integration and creating .dmg files
• WPF / Windows Forms / cef / cefsharp
• Your peers will recognise you as an expert in building well designed .NET web applications
• You may have a respected blog or you may contribute to development community events and conferences
• Your aim will be to work in a fast-paced start-up environment and share in the excitement of growing a global online business
• You will share the values associated with Agile software development
• You will be driven, dedicated and motivated by constant improvement
• You will be legally entitled to work in the UK
20 Percent Time:
At Huddle we believe in hiring the best engineers and giving them autonomy to innovate. 20% of your time will be free to work on side projects of your choosing that benefit Huddle or the wider technical community in some way. That might be prototyping a new feature for the product, working on an open source project, giving a talk at a conference or sharpening your programming skills by learning a new language or piece of technology.
• Great benefits: medical/pension/life insurance
• 25 days of holiday plus your birthday off each year
• Huddle “Cuddle:” each employee receives a £400 lifestyle bonus per year as a thank you for your hard work.
• Corporate gym rates
• Cool office with kitchen stocked with fruit, snacks and beverages
• Two days off per year to support the Huddle Foundation by dedicating your time to a charity/non-profit
• 20% Innovation Time to work on personal projects for self development