The global benchmark in sustainable mobility, Transdev is committed to making public transport the engine for the mobility of tomorrow. Transdev is a multimodal transport operator creating mobility solutions in 20 countries worldwide and employing over 86,000 employees. We are proudly managing over 40,000 vehicles using 13 different modes of transport. In the UK we have 1,500 staff, approximately 1,000 vehicles and 9 different operating companies.
The subsidiary Transdev London Limited is a start-up creating an on-demand, driver direct car service. Our objective is to provide a cutting-edge App with the latest technology to create a seamless user experience which will take the stress out of everyday ground transportation.
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: £35-40k Dependent on level of relevant experience
Who we are:
Innovative, edgy, no dress code, fast paced, dynamic, beards….now that we have established we have all the symptoms of a startup, let us tell you what we are actually doing. We are a transportation startup, backed by Transdev, who is launching an app that will compete with Uber and Hailo specifically in the London market. We are looking for a talented individual to help lead our data analytics team.
Do you have a deep quantitative background? Do you believe data builds better products and has a key role in engineering decisions? Do you want to be a part of a new exciting app start-up company? If so, this is the job for you at Transdev London Limited.
Analysts work with the growth and engineering teams to help shape and steer strategic decisions. Whether its collaborating with product leadership to help create, implement, or evaluate success metrics or working with our elite growth engineers to provide intuition about the next big thing. Analysts provide the intuition and execution on some of the most exciting questions being asked to get the company launched and stay successful.
This role is a great fit for candidates with some experience working with engineers- analysts should understand engineering priorities and development cycle. A passion for strategic product decisions and, especially, the ability to apply rigorous statistical analysis skills to those decisions, will make for an ideal fit.
In more detail, here are the kinds of skills we are looking for:
• Prior analysis experience (preferably in an engineering or product role)
• Quantitative background- BS required, Masters is preferred. Statistics/CS/Math/Finance
• Familiarity with common analysis tools- Excel, SQL, R. Python experience a plus.
• Strategic mindset- you’re comfortable thinking a few steps ahead of where the team is at now.
• Driven and focused self-starters, great communicators, amazing follow-through- you aggressive tackle your work and love the responsibility of being individually empowered.
• A preference quality over quantity- you get the math right and aspire