SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Our client are looking for a technically savvy Senior Systems Engineer to join their team at a time of business growth. You will act as one of their technical experts with responsibility for delivering, managing and developing host services 24/7 from infrastructure through to operating systems.
Our client are looking for someone who has:-
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate clearly to both technical and non-technical staff
- A can-do attitude is essential!
- Strong technical background: Linux and Windows hosting technologies
- Strong understanding of MySQL/MS SQL
- Strong Windows Skills
- Strong Linux Skills
- Experience of Virtualisation technologies
- Experience of managing infrastructure/technical services in a hosted environment
The successful candidate will be able to:-
- Manage systems 100% uptime for hosting brands
- Work as part of the support service team to ensure we meet our SLA targets
- Liaise with internal/external customers to understand technical requirements and resolve issues as quickly as possible and with minimum customer impact
- Provide 3rd level escalation support for hosting brands
- Provide on-call support for hosting systems as required
- Monitoring/mentoring junior members of staff
- Responding to issues within agreed SLA’s
- Resolving customer issues via ticket/telephone and escalating support requests whenever necessary
The salary for this role will be in the range of £25,000 to £31,000, depending on experience. The role will be based at their head office in Glasgow, Scotland. However, the successful applicant must be prepared to travel out with the UK to support the business at other locations worldwide.
Flexibility is required with regards to working hours as the successful applicant will be expected to work rotational twelve hour shift patterns covering the hours of 07:00am to 19:00pm and 19:00 to 07:00am.
However, due to the demands of the business you may be required, on occasions, to work out with these hours.
You can also enjoy a half day on your birthday and lunch ‘on the house’ once a month! As you can gather, they have a relaxed and friendly working environment but don’t be fooled, you’ll be working with some of the country’s best talent and greatest technical experts so it can be quite challenging too. Career development is extremely important to our client and once you’ve got a year’s service under your belt, you can set your sights on a new role in one of their many locations across the UK.
Hard work and loyalty is appreciated and rewarded through additional benefits like extra holidays, private health care, life assurance etc. As you can imagine, vacancies don’t come up very often so better get your application in fast
You will work as part of a small team and will also be involved in monitoring and maintaining the servers and systems that deliver our services. This is very much a hands on role that will give you the opportunity to develop as an engineer. A high customer service ethic is a key requirement for this role and you will be required to adapt your responses to match their customers’ varying levels of technical knowledge.
Career development is extremely important to our client and once you’ve got a year’s service under your belt, you can set your sights on a new role in one of their many locations across the UK. Hard work and loyalty is appreciated and rewarded through additional benefits like extra holidays etc.
Hosting UK, part of our client, one of the UK’s leading cloud computing and managed hosting companies, have been providing internet services for over 10 years and were originally formed from a successful consultancy that provided IT and internet consultancy services to clients. Hosting UK has evolved from selling 1 server in 1998 to providing for hundreds with a well-connected fast network that spans the UK enabling their customers to deliver their content to the rest of the world.
How to Apply
If you have the necessary competencies, skills and experience, and want to share in their success, please send your cv and covering letter stating why you think you’re the ideal candidates for the role.